07-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Shrimp Caesar Salad
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for garnish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 anchovies, coarsely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups chopped hearts of romaine
- 1 pound peeled cooked shrimp (21-25 per pound; thawed if frozen)
- 1 cup croutons, preferably whole-grain (see Tip)
- Place lemon juice, mustard, anchovies, and garlic in a food processor; process until smooth. With the motor running, gradually add oil; process until creamy. Add 1/4 cup Asiago cheese and pepper; pulse until combined.
- Combine romaine, shrimp and croutons in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates, top with the remaining 1/4 cup Asiago cheese and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.