Seventeen magazine is looking for outgoing, hardworking high school
and college students to serve as Seventeen Reader Reporters.
If you love writing, reporting, and Seventeen, we want to hear from YOU!
Seventeen Reader Reporters will help with the following (and more!):
• Submitting regular clips packets from your local or campus newspapers.
• Pitching monthly ideas for stories in our Real Life section and elsewhere.
• Finding quotes for stories.
• Testing beauty products.
• Giving feedback on issues before they hit the stands.
• Spreading the word about the magazine and Seventeen related events.
You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at Seventeen and work closely with our editors to pitch and develop ideas. You’ll also get the occasional free beauty product, a great experience for your resume, and first dibs on internships!
If you’re the girl for the job, convince us!
Email this application (just the second page) and a photo to email@example.com
Please respond by September 24, 2007
Incomplete / late applications will not be accepted.
Seventeen Reader Reporter Application
Date of Birth:
Year in school:
MySpace or Facebook URL:
Do you check and respond to your email at least once a day? [yes/no]
Please answer the following questions. (Please keep ‘em short and concise—this is your chance to show off your editing skills!)
1. Tell us about yourself! We want to know who you are, what you’re into, and—most importantly—why you want to work as a Seventeen Reader Reporter.
2. What extracurricular activities are most important to you?
3. Give us three reasons why you’d be a great addition to the Seventeen team. (Try to be specific! For example, do you write for your high school paper—so you’re totally plugged in to trends in your area? Are you president of your sorority, so you know lots of girls who could contribute quotes to stories? Let us know!)
4. We depend on our Reader Reporters to be our eyes and ears across the country! Tell us about something that’s going on in your school or community—or someone you know—that could make an interesting article for Seventeen