- 4 thick boneless pork chops
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken up
- 1 teaspoon allspice berries, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, grape seed oil, or canola
- cranberry chutney or cranberry sauce
Rinse pork chops; pat dry.
Combine marinade ingredients in a large food storage bag or nonreactive bowl. Refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours, turning, if necessary to keep covered with marinade.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Sear chops on both sides. Add 1/2 cup apple cider; cover and simmer over medium-low heat for about 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve with heated cranberry sauce.