Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Off-Line Deals
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Big Buddy

paulsbride is on a distinguished road

There are two Target's near our house and neither one has good clearance stuff... I went to one yesterday and it had flipflops and some clothes for 75% off - but no household stuff! All of the summer seasonal items and school items were GONE! They must ship them to Christine's Target!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:39 AM
Big Buddy

Kathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributer

I love shopping the Target clearance racks! For those that don't know....shop the perimeter. That's where the best deals can be found. I've noticed that the Targets in my area don't always do the same markdowns. Save coupons too, there are always good deals to be found when items are on clearance and you have a coupon to go with it.

Kathy
Old 09-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsbride View Post
There are two Target's near our house and neither one has good clearance stuff... I went to one yesterday and it had flipflops and some clothes for 75% off - but no household stuff! All of the summer seasonal items and school items were GONE! They must ship them to Christine's Target!
Yup.........I have it in good with all the higher ups........ha
Old 09-28-2007, 09:51 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

christine, you are certainly the queen of bargain hunting
Old 09-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Big Buddy

kksmommy is a jewel in the rough
ShoppingSmiley more great Target deals!

HI everyone!

Life has been crazy so I haven't been to this site much lately other than once a week or so...but I came on the other day and saw Christine's Target listing! Christine- you and I were on many a Target thread earlier in the year, so I had to come on and say "hi" and share my deals!

I have 3 Targets within 10 minutes or less and another 3 within 20 minutes- so I have made it to 4 of them and intend to be at the other 2 tomorrow! This is what I found so far!

School supplies at 75% off- not a ton left, but tons of markers, paper, scissors and glue ( which I buy for my kids and then families we adopt at Christmas)- plus extra lunch bags!

Summer seasonal- most all clothing is at 50-75% off- so lots of skinny tees for my tween daughter, shorts and short sleeve tees for my son. And tons of flip flops for next year- at about $2 a pair or less.

The home areas have had tons of bedding and draperies at 50% off -some will be better to wait for the next markdown depending on quantities left, but even some of the nicest Thomas O'Brien is at 75% off! I found lots of miscellaneous items (single items probably returned after the markdowns went again- so at 75% off!)- one of the best being one of those big deck boxes/benches normally $129.99 for $24.97!

Lots of miscellaneous deals in stationery, too- card making sets, party bags and wrap at 50%.

Much will go down again next week, I'm sure, so I'll be out doing the rounds again midweek!

Good luck everyone- and thanks again, Christine!

Take care,
Lisa
Old 10-01-2007, 05:32 AM
Big Buddy

momnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud of

Our bicycle helmets were $6 but very cute so I bought two. Both of our Targets have had 10 College ruled theme notebooks for 25 cents. Yes, for all 10. So I have been giving them to the teachers just to have. Also we had a new support group meeting the other day so I was able to give everyone their own notebook. For $1, I felt very generous! Also got my hubby, who teaches 2nd grade, 20 rulers at 6 cents each. They were all pink so the boys don't get any.

I am going to have to check our Target for that furniture that looks like lockers.

New Orleans Saints, winners of the 2010 Super Bowl! WHO DAT!!
Old 10-01-2007, 05:47 AM
Big Buddy

Kathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributer

Here's my bargain....

Thermos brand containers for keeping foods hot in lunches......originally $14.99 for $3.74. I bought 2. One had the Disney princesses on it and the other had Transformers. I've been wanting to purchase these for a couple of years, but I couldn't bear the thought of paying $15 for one.

Kathy
Old 10-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Little Buddy

Faye is on a distinguished roadFaye is on a distinguished road
Default Target is Wonderful

I just started a part time seasonal job at Target and have some tips to pass along. I will update everyone as I learn more.

Want to know what is about to go on sale? Go down a grocery isle/or any isle in the store/ and look up at the top shelf (very beginning or end of the isle). On the inside of the top shelf are bar codes that are either yellow or red. Now look at the red label and read what the items are. Most of the information is abbreviated but you can figure it out (AF potato chips = Archer Farms).

All products listed on a red label are in the process of becoming a sale item. This process is used throughout the entire store so do a little detective work and get ready to shop. Please don't ask the staff to locate these labels for you.

When you a looking at an item and want to know if it is going on sale here is what you can do; look for an employee that has a scanner attached at the hip (that is me) and ask for the price on the item. Then ask if it is going to be on sale anytime soon. This may work depending on the skills and ability of the employee to use the PDA to obtain this information. Be patient please, there are many many seasonal employees in training now and may not be able to access this information quickly.

Next, if you are at the cash register and an item scans at the wrong price just tell the cashier that this is not correct. The cashier will ask you how much the item is and enter this amount instead. This will only work for items costing less than $20.00, if the item is over $20 the manager must approve.

If you find an item with a scratch or ding and still want it ask the cashier to take $$ off. A Target guest found the cutest ceramic pumpkin with a very tiny nick on it. She asked for a discount and received 50% off. The cashier was going to give 15% off but the manager came by and made the 50% off offer. So she goes home with the cutest pumpkin this season originally $21.00 ($10.50). Don't hesitate to ask the manager for a discount, you will get it!!

Now you have found items you like but they are not going on sale until tomorrow, bring the items to guest services and ask that your potential purchase be held for 24 hours. I work at the Super Target that also trains everyone in our district so they allow this request. You may want to check with your local Target before filling up you basket.

Seasonal items go very quickly so if you want to get the most for you money plan on showing up at Target the very next day after that specific holiday. Need candy after Halloween - go the next morning for the very best selection. Candy is reduced to cost so get it while you can.

I hope this is helpful to all of you, and I look forward to adding tips as I continue to explore the Target world. It would be nice to hear some of your experiences while shopping so keep us posted!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:50 AM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

I'm a little disappointed in Target. So many in my area have been waiting for the new target to open it was in the local paper the date . It was on they banner in front of the store. So someone tells us that it decided to open a day early and somehow people found out and the good stuff we were going to get first thing on the opening morning were gone. I know it's all about them making money.