Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2006, 03:48 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Cool Mardi Gras Top 10 recipes

http://southernfood.about.com/od/mar...igras.htm?nl=1

I love this site for recipes.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Little Buddy

Suej23 is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Hey! Thanks! I was thinking of making Jambalaya for Mardi Gras. I found some great recipes there.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Mentor

Dru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Oh Boy!! Found some good recipes there. Thanks
Old 02-15-2007, 08:11 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Smile

Old 01-29-2008, 12:25 PM

Thumbs up

February 5, 2008 is Mardi Gras

what recipes will you be making?
Old 01-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Big Buddy

kutikat has a lot of fanskutikat has a lot of fanskutikat has a lot of fanskutikat has a lot of fans

I didn't know anyone made anything for Mardi Gras besides mixed drinks
Old 01-31-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutikat View Post
I didn't know anyone made anything for Mardi Gras besides mixed drinks

...beware of the hurricaines

I make shrimp etouffee and jambalaya.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP
Default Lemon Cream King Cake

This recipe is from Rhodes (use their frozen dough, it makes the King Cake a MUCH easier project!)

Find a sweet surprise inside this Mardi Gras king’s cake when you taste its delicious lemon & cream-cheese filling!

INGREDIENTS:

12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls or 8 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, or l Loaf Rhodes™ White Bread dough, thawed to room temperature
8 oz Neufchatel or cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon extract
zest from one lemon
1 egg, beaten
white icing
purple, green and gold sugar sprinkles

DIRECTIONS:

Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Roll combined rolls or loaf into a 10x18-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.

In a bowl, combine the cheese and powdered sugar. Add the lemon extract and zest and mix well.

Remove wrap from dough and spread filling over all but 1/2-inch along all edges. Brush one long edge with egg. Roll up lengthwise starting with the long edge that has not been brushed with egg. Pinch seam to seal. Form into a ring and pinch ends together to seal.

Place on large sprayed baking sheet and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise 45-60 minutes. Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 30-35 minutes. Cover with foil last 15 minutes, if necessary, to prevent over-browning.

Cool completely and then ice with white icing. Decorate with sugar sprinkles as desired.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Big Buddy

xavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud of

I made a King Cake last year that turned out disastrously! Although the cake (which is really more of a yeast bread recipe) turned out fine, it is then glazed and sugared with the colored sugars to represent something to do with Mardi Gras--I forget now what they are.

The powdered sugar bag was on a shelf in the pantry which had previously housed a bottle of laundry detergent. I had no idea that somehow some detergent dripped and been absorbed into the shelf, which somehow leached into the powdered sugar bag..

The thing tasted like it was tinged with soap-- AWFUL!! I was so excited to present it after dinner on Fat Tuesday--the thing took a while to make after all--and after everyone took a bite they all had this strange look on their faces. Since we'd never tasted King Cake before they all thought maybe it was supposed to taste like that... !! (I didn't make them eat anymore).

It took a few weeks to figure out what happened!!

I will give this recipe another go, though, soap-free this time!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modemouth View Post
February 5, 2008 is Mardi Gras

what recipes will you be making?
Most folks in this part of Louisiana spend the day on the parade route, so we either bar-be-que or bring sandwich stuff. 'Course we cook jambalaya, gumbo, and etouffee all of the time. And not too many of us cook our own King Cake - all of the grocery stores, Wal-Marts and bakeries sell them! We have a choice of about 10 different fillings and several sizes.

And yes, we will be making mixed drinks...lots and lots of mixed drinks! LOL