Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Online Bargains
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Don't send anything. I will call the company on Monday and see if I can get an answer. Til then, I am taking them off my site.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Big Buddy

56babs is a special member56babs is a special member

well, I answered my own questions. At the bottom of the website is "spoofs" and an exact copy of my email and it said to forward it onto them exactly as it is. who looks over the entire website that closely???. anyway, it says not to send anything, altho it says not to respond either (my bad) so i guess we will see what happens; will keep you informed.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Dear valued Wonderfulbuys customer,

It has recently come to our attention that a suspicious email is being sent to our customers. The email has been designed to look like an official email sent from Wonderfulbuys.com, but is, in fact, a ‘spoof’ email, used by spammers to try and gain access to your personal data such as credit card and driver’s license information.

Please be aware that Wonderfulbuys.com will NEVER ask you to provide credit card, driver’s license or other personally identifying information via email.

If you suspect that you have received a fraudulent email, do not reply to, or click on any links within, the email. Instead, please forward it to us at spoof@wonderfulbuys.com. We will work aggressively to investigate every spoof reported. We also ask that you do not change or retype the subject line of the ‘spoof’ email, as this can inhibit our ability to properly investigate it. After forwarding the email, you should delete it from your inbox.

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns relating to this matter, please contact us at support@wonderfulbuys.com

Kind Regards,
Pat Rogers
Manager, Customer Satisfaction Department
Wonderfulbuys.com
pat@wonderfulbuys.com
Old 02-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

This has happened to me with PayPal too. *grr* I always call the company instead of contacting via e-mail when I get something suspicious.

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 02-15-2006, 06:29 AM
New Buddy

Mauro is a jewel in the rough

Good day Karen, and to all on My Bargain Buddy...

This is a serious issue and we have already taken steps to ensure that this does not happen again. The integrity and security of our site as well as that of our customers is of paramount importance, and I can assure you that everything is being done to stop this problem immediately.

We are also going to work on improving the visibility of the "spoof" emails, so our customers are easily able to recognize and identify a "spoof" email should they recieve one.

Again, I assure you that everyone at Wonderfulbuys is working exceptionally hard to correct this problem as soon as possible.

Thank you kindly, and I will keep you updated on the status of this situation. All apologies for any inconvenience this is causing.

Mauro Flammini, Affiliate Manager
mauro@wonderfulbuys.com
905-567-8111 ext. 242
Old 02-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Big Buddy

pbarbee has a lot of fanspbarbee has a lot of fanspbarbee has a lot of fans
Default Everlite Flashlight

I just went to the site, but the flashlights are back to the original price of $14.99
Old 02-15-2006, 07:55 AM
Big Buddy

ajfoot is movin' on upajfoot is movin' on upajfoot is movin' on upajfoot is movin' on upajfoot is movin' on up

darn ~ guess this was a one day only deal ~ I'll have to check more often on Friday's.