Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer
Default Need a recommendation...

I am looking for a couple of really good kitchen knives. Anyone have some that they really like?
Old 11-30-2008, 08:24 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Thumbs up

Shopping results for Henkel Pro S knives

or

http://www.cooking.com/products/shpr...5&StyleNo=0509

you can buy individually and shop around for a deal
Old 11-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Big Buddy

Michelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on up

I have a set of Henkels that I love.. if you decide to go with Henkel be sure to look at which style its from. While all Henkels are good you ll see that some are a lot better and aside from cost you ll be able to hold the knife in your hand and know by the weight of it if its one of the lower grade ones. Thats the best way I know how to explain it.. lol

I have one Wusthof too and I like it but the feel of it isnt as balanced as my Henkel... the Wusthof was a gift.

There are Henkel knife sets that you can buy to get you started but I bought all of mine individually so I could get the style of blade I would use the most.. also if you buy more than one you might consider not using a knife block and get a magnetic strip instead. I like it a lot more... enables me to see the knife and I dont have to sharpen as often because the blade isnt resting on something all the time.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP
Default 7" Wusthof Santoku on sale

I hesitated to post this Williams Sonoma sale because I couldn't find a link thru Karen. At any rate, both the 7" and 5" are on sale.

Wüsthof Classic Hollow Ground Santoku, 7", with Sharpener

Prepping ingredients is fast and easy when your knife is designed for the task – and if the cutting edge is freshly sharpened. This knife’s carbon-steel blade is precision-forged in Germany, following the traditional santoku design. The Japanese word santoku is translated as “three benefits,” a reference to the knife’s fine mincing, slicing and dicing capabilities. With it comes a manual sharpener designed especially for the special angle of a santoku knife’s double-beveled blade. The sharpener employs ceramic rods in an efficient two-stage process to sharpen and hone santoku blades at the optimal angle for a keen, long-lasting cutting edge. Santoku, 5" or 7" long blade; Sharpener, 8" x 1 1/4" x 3" high.

7" Wusthof Exclusive Suggested Price: $164.95

I actually have several Cutco knives that I am pretty happy with, not as expensive as Henkels or Wustof, nice knives tho.
Our Price: $79.95

Last edited by MagiePerdu : 12-01-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Thanks guys! I saw a couple of nice Henkels at Tuesday Morning for a pretty good price today. I may just have to pop over for an early present for Nan before they are all gone!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Big Buddy

Dartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiePerdu View Post
I hesitated to post this Williams Sonoma sale because I couldn't find a link thru Karen. At any rate, both the 7" and 5" are on sale.

Wüsthof Classic Hollow Ground Santoku, 7", with Sharpener

Prepping ingredients is fast and easy when your knife is designed for the task – and if the cutting edge is freshly sharpened. This knife’s carbon-steel blade is precision-forged in Germany, following the traditional santoku design. The Japanese word santoku is translated as “three benefits,” a reference to the knife’s fine mincing, slicing and dicing capabilities. With it comes a manual sharpener designed especially for the special angle of a santoku knife’s double-beveled blade. The sharpener employs ceramic rods in an efficient two-stage process to sharpen and hone santoku blades at the optimal angle for a keen, long-lasting cutting edge. Santoku, 5" or 7" long blade; Sharpener, 8" x 1 1/4" x 3" high.

7" Wusthof Exclusive Suggested Price: $164.95

I actually have several Cutco knives that I am pretty happy with, not as expensive as Henkels or Wustof, nice knives tho.
Our Price: $79.95
Cutcos are pretty darn good........about the best fillet knife I have ever had is a Cutco...............
Old 12-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Big Buddy

alice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fans

http://www.chefscatalog.com/catalog/...e&rbv=50+-+100

this link has henckels FS on any order. Karen has all kinds of specials under Chefs Catalog but I couldn't get the FS on any link to work. Over $99 was good though.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Little Buddy

Faye is on a distinguished roadFaye is on a distinguished road
Default Great Knives

Hi Nan,

Hope all is well in Lake Charles. I have owned Wüsthof knives for more than 10 years and just love them. Be sure and shop around, William Sonoma and Crate & Barrel as both places provide good education and information about knives. You need to decided between a forged knives or nonforged. Depending on how serious of a cook you are the price of a forged knife is significant. Wüsthof is a great product but there are many others available. If you decide to purchase this brand don't get the electric knife sharpen, the hand held works much better and can even sharpen you scissors. Also, Sur La Tab offers free sharpening about 2 times a year. Let me know what you end up getting! What every you decide to get there is nothing better than having a good knife in the kitchen.
Happy holiday's to you and family Nan.
Faye
Old 12-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Mentor

Merry Christmas to you too! I usually take things to be sharpened to a guy over on Ernest Street - do you remember "The Saw Shop"? He does a really nice job, e's reasonable and quick. You're right there are lots of things to think about before investing big bucks into knives. I really appreciate all of the intput from ev1!