Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer
Default By Request ~ My trip to Barcelona, Spain

This is really intended for the Sweepstakes Forum, but I thought it might get moved. Therefore I'll save someone the trouble and start here. For those that aren't aware, back in September I received notice that I had won Grand Prize in a Gillette promotion that was an online sweepstakes posted in our MBB Forums. It was for an all expense paid trip to Barcelona, Spain and $1,000 spending money for myself and a guest to meet with soccer star Thierry Henry. http://www.dlblairsweeps.com/j8205/signup_enUS.jsp

Left Lexington airport on Friday (11/28) at noon, flew to Atlanta, then Paris, then Barcelona. DH and I arrived on Saturday (11/29) at 10am and it was cold and rainy. We had been travelling for 16 hours, so we took a nap and then got ready for our meeting in the hotel. Turns out there were MANY winners (upwards to 100) from all over the world, but I was the only American. We got Gillette backpacks with our name tags on them. Inside was a Barcelona soccer jersey with the #14 (for Thierry Henry) and our names printed on the back. Afterwards they had a buffet dinner in the hotel.

Sunday (11/30) was our only real day of leisure and they gave us all-day passes for the tour bus. We used it as transportation to get around the city, visiting La Sagrada Familia by Gaudi, the Hard Rock cafe, and basically just taking everything in that we could. It's weird because the majority of the shops are closed on the weekend, so we weren't able to do a lot. We walked around and looked at some of the street performers, but it was cold. Wound up going back to the hotel at 6:30 pm and laid down...didn't wake until 7 the next morning. LOL

Monday (12/1) we went downstairs for a huge breakfast (missed it the day before). Afterwards just walked around town for over an hour taking in the buildings and looking for souvenir shops (still not lucky). We returned to the hotel for a buffet lunch and rested for an hour before having to go to our meet and greet. We drove to the Camp Nou Stadium where we met soccer star Thierry Henry. We each got a professional photograph taken with him, got to kick the soccer ball into the goal (with him as goalie), and then toured the huge stadium. Afterwards went back to the hotel for about an hour and then went out to dinner on the port of the Mediterranean Sea. Got back to the hotel around 11 pm and then went out for drinks at a Hawaiian bar until 2am.

Tuesday morning (12/2) we were supposed to leave the hotel at 7:45am to go to the airport, but we overslept and woke up at 8:30! Rushed around, hailed a cab to the airport, and barely made our flight. After another 16 hours of travelling we made it back home around 9pm (which was 3am Barcelona time). I'm still jet lagged and all out of sorts even though I took the day off yesterday. It was great although I honestly didn't have much time to tour the city and they didn't have as many shops as I had hoped. The best part was we weren't alone and I got to hang out with the other winners...people I never would have met otherwise. Oh...and I didn't spend ANY of my own money! I had the $1,000 spending money converted over to $750 in Euros and still had somewhere around $150 in Euros leftover, so now need to convert it back. LOL

If you have Myspace, I have all of my pictures up there (almost 200).
http://www.myspace.com/manda78
Old 12-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

Thanks for telling about your trip. Sounds wonderful to bad it couldn't have been for longer. Will look at the pictures later today.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Big Buddy

pamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributer

What an amazing thing to win!! Sounds like a great trip but I am sure you are exhausted.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Big Buddy

alice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fans

wow, how fabulous! i can see now i've been hanging around in the wrong column! lol...
Old 12-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Awesome, Manda. . .although it does sound like it was a rushed trip, still it was a wonderful experience and I'm happy you won and got to go!! I can't get to social networking sites from this computer, but will check the pics later in the day. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!!

For those who aren't aware, Manda is the MBB Winnah of the Year (a title I just now bestowed upon her - LOL) She's been the winningest member of the year, I think . . .at least so far, and the year's darned near over!

Congrats on your wins, Manda and thanks again for letting us have a peek!
Old 12-08-2008, 11:45 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

glad you had a great trip manda!!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Big Buddy

Tammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIP

Sounds like a good time. Ill check the pics out later.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

oh manda.............how wonderful for you
Old 12-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

How wonderful! Glad you had a nice trip
Old 12-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Mentor

Sugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIP

Thanks for the detailed happenings of your wonderful trip. And congratulations again for the awesome win!