Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2006, 03:13 PM
Big Buddy

emtluvs2cook is on a distinguished road
Default Peanut Butter Fudge

1. 1 18oz jar of peanut butter-creamy or chunky
2. 1 12oz can evaporated milk
3. 3 cups sugar (can use splenda blend)
4. 1 stick margarine
5. 1 tsp vanilla

Use a heavy bottomed pot to ensure even cooking and it is less likely to scorch. Heat should be set to med high. Put sugar, cream, and butter in pot. After mixture begins to boil slightly, stir constantly. you may need to adjust heat to keep it at a low boil. Cook approximately 15 to 18 minutes. You can test doneness by dropping a small amt into cold water and it should firm into a soft ball...After removing from heat, whip in peanut butter and vanilla. Work quickly so it doesn't "set" too much in the pot. Pour into a greased 13x9 casserole and let sit at room temp until cool. Cut and serve.

You can also whip in a little marshmallow cream with pb and vanilla if you like.

Don't flip if it doesn't set good either...still tastes great! My grandma preferred it not to set, and she would scoop some "taffy candy" onto a spoon!

My mom would sometimes add a couple tbs of cocoa to the mixture that you cook to make chocolate and then add nuts in with the pb and vanilla...

Enjoy!! Everyone wants this stuff at Christmas especially, but my guy will eat it anytime, so I taught him to make it too!

glow Good friends make you smile...even when you don't feel like smiling glow
Old 03-31-2006, 03:34 PM
Mentor

Dru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to all

Leanne, when you "whip" in the peanut butter and vanilla, do you do this with a spoon or an electric mixer? It sounds delicious. Thanks
Old 03-31-2006, 04:07 PM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

YUMMY!speechless
Old 03-31-2006, 04:13 PM
MVP

Krissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIP

I love this!
Old 03-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Big Buddy

I just beat the fudge with the spoon or whisk that I have been stirring with...I guess you could use a mixer though.

Old 03-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Big Buddy

P.S. Know that the cooking time is an estimate...I don't really measure or time things usually. I more or less depend on testing it in the water and I have gotten used to what it looks like when it is near done....occasionally, mine is a little soft or sets a little hard. My bunch eats it anyway, and I just go about my business and hope for the better next try! My nephews tell me that taste is their #1 concern

Old 12-04-2007, 07:36 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

Oh Yeah......
Old 12-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Big Buddy

SweetMtnRain has much to be proud ofSweetMtnRain has much to be proud ofSweetMtnRain has much to be proud ofSweetMtnRain has much to be proud ofSweetMtnRain has much to be proud ofSweetMtnRain has much to be proud ofSweetMtnRain has much to be proud ofSweetMtnRain has much to be proud of

Do you think that you could substitute the peanut butter with Chocolate?? My son is allergic and can't eat Peanut Butter?? I have been looking for a easy fudge recipe
Old 12-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Big Buddy

SweetMtnRain has much to be proud ofSweetMtnRain has much to be proud ofSweetMtnRain has much to be proud ofSweetMtnRain has much to be proud ofSweetMtnRain has much to be proud ofSweetMtnRain has much to be proud ofSweetMtnRain has much to be proud ofSweetMtnRain has much to be proud of

I just want you to know that I tried this recipe and it turned out wonderful!!! Thank you for posting this!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:14 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

Bump