Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Big Buddy

AEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud of
Default Thinking about starting up business - need ideas & help!!!

OK, so I have been throwing this idea around for a while and I feel like now is the time. Gracie absolutely LOVES Libby Lus ( gonna miss it big time), but the closest one was an hour away. That got me thinking a while back about starting up a business with my SIL that we would do parties for little girls kind of like the Libby Lu Experience. A spa party - my thoughts is that it would be like a birthday party type thing where little girls would invite their friends and we would do a simple but fun type updo with sparkle hairspray . . . then do little manis and pedis and make up. Then I thought that it would be fun if I purchased a thing of red fabric so that when all was done they could grab a boa, maybe sunglasses fake microphone ect and do a runway type show to end the party for the parents. We have nothing at all like this in this area - really besides bowling or a way overpriced arcade there is not anything to do for parties besides your own house or the YMCA or driving an hour. What do you guys think? My SIL is the hair girl and I would be the makeup, mani pedi girl. I thought about having them use those foot baths for the pedicures and then doing simple scrub with a brush then paint and stamp a flower (found a set to do this).

I guess I need help finding websites where I could order some things in lots for cheap (I really don't want to dump a lot into this off the bat until I know if it will work or not). Obviously I might not buy all these things off the bat, but if it works I may eventually want them. They types of things I am looking for are those thingys you put between toes to paint, maybe spa type slippers, polish, pink robes that are plain, mirrors to set on tables, Birthday girl sashes (pink if possible), feather boas . . . you get the idea. Any suggestions at this point would be welcomed. I am thinking of calling it Pampered Princess Parties. Any other suggestions for names would be nice at this point as well. I don't want it to sound to childish, but want something catchy for kids. Thinking PINK - PINK - PINK!!! Want to really make it be fun. Thanks for any help you might give. I really would love to see this become a reality and now that Libby Lus is going out I think it would be great to get things going.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:48 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

wow amy, that sounds awesome! don't have any ideas, you pretty much seem like you have it all covered. sounds really great. i hope it works out for you!
Old 12-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Big Buddy

Baby Girl Minxie is a special memberBaby Girl Minxie is a special member

Might be a little late in answering this, but, you can get the material for the sashes at JoAnn's and make your own easily. Put words on them with iron on letters. You can get the material in whatever color you want and they are always having % off coupons so you could buy the material then.

You'll also have to think about marketing. I got my website domain really cheap and had a friend do the site for me. If you don't have any friends that can do it, you can find someone that may be willing to barter for it. Check craigslist for it. They'll be a great resource for you, both in finding things as well as in advertising. You can also consider the sample box companies as a good way to advertise as well.

You'll have to look into your own local laws about setting up a business. You can get a Federal Tax ID No. for free and in CT it cost me 25 (I believe).

Also, something else to consider would be insurance. I hate to say it, but in this day and age, it's a good idea. I had to get it, because, and you won't believe it, I know I didn't, but, if someone were to get a papercut on one of the scrapbooks I made, they could sue me. And with you considering a child spa party thing, insurance would be important just in case someone is allergic to something you may use.

Good luck with the business. It sounds like a really good idea.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Big Buddy

Kathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributer

I think Baby Girl Minxie brings up a good idea with the insurance, just to keep yourself covered.

We had a place like this near me. I simple storefront/house. She had your basic idea and she also had a tea party theme, and a rock star theme, princess theme. Have a few to choose from. If one mom and daughter like the party they may also want to have their party with you but choose a different theme. Most girls tend to invite a lot of the same girls if they are all in the same class at school, so I think it's a good idea to have some variety.

Good luck Amy.....it sounds like a lot of fun. I hope it all works out for you!

"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Old 12-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Big Buddy

alice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fans

http://www.billybear4kids.com/show/a...tificates.html

i just found this cute place that has free printable awards. just thinking if you had games/prizes...could have awards too.

free biz forms:
http://www.officedepot.com/account/l...stalCodeSet.do

Last edited by alice : 12-28-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Big Buddy

beanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIP

I was gonna pm you, but baby girl minxie covered it, the insurance is a must!
This day and age, too many "sue" happy people, and if a little one cried that makeup or sparkles, glitter etc. got into her eyes, or allergic reactions..It really is a must. But all in all, you seem to have an excellent idea, and I hope you make it a great success!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

I guess my comment is that Libby Lu did not comb or wash hair. You need a beauticians license for that.
Mothers had to brush or comb hair before the employee started to style a little girls hair.
Also, you must be aware of little things like lice and will girls be rewearing clothes? THey should be laundered.
I would think dollar stores are wonderful places to start looking for items.
Of course Targets 90% off after Christmas toysale would be great too. They always have make up and dress up items for girls......

Good luck.
check with your local licensure board to make sure you can do this out of your home and neighbors cannot complain.
May be easier to go to the party girls home and just take your supplies.