Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Well then....I guess I need an attitude adjustment
Old 02-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiePerdu View Post
... but, I don't even feel bad on those occasions and wouldn't apologize if I had the chance (I don't think)! Some people just plain DESERVE a kick in the pants.

Yes, I call those people "Other people's children"!

Another quote that I love is one by Abe Lincoln,

"Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be."

I think that if we all realized that no one else is responsible for MAKING US happy, we can only choose to BE happy (or not), most of us would be much happier!
Old 02-12-2009, 03:48 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Nan, I apologize for being so remiss in thanking you for your earlier comment. I wanted to make sure you knew I appreciated what you posted, because I think it very accurately interprets Swindoll's intent.

Quote:
Yes, I call those people "Other people's children"!

Another quote that I love is one by Abe Lincoln,

"Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be."

I think that if we all realized that no one else is responsible for MAKING US happy, we can only choose to BE happy (or not), most of us would be much happier!
I think you (and Abe) got it right. Sometimes, ya know, we commit some grevious error in life, but then, we are only human. . .that's the way God planned it We aren't infallible, we are prone to err. . .the wonderful things are that often, we can see and LEARN from our mistakes so that we can (a) not have to make the mistake again and (b) empathize and assist others going through the same experiences we have had and (c) [which I prolly should have listed 1st], if you believe in and ask Him, God forgives us. . .we should be able to forgive ourselves and move on.

Now, all that aside. . .again, we are only human and not only prone to err, but also prone to wearing hair shirts (mine is becoming a size too small lately) Once we see and realize our errors, we often find it exceedingly difficult to forgive ourselves. I TRY to tell myself my happiness is in my own hands and that if God can forgive me, then surely I can forgive myself. . .not as easy a task as it might sound. Also, forgiving ones self doesn't always mean that any victim(s) of your act forgive you and/or forgiving yourself too lightly can also cause others some pain.

Philosophy 101 is excused. Y'all go have a great day!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:42 AM
Big Buddy

bikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIP

Thank`s Magie......
Old 02-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Big Buddy

HIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to all

Thank you Magie, I decided to log on after reading your words of wisdom. I DO believe we send out to the universe either negativity or optomism. And Nan, thank you also for Abe's quote and reminding me that wallowing in my past regrets is a waste of space in my head.