Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2009, 07:09 PM
New Buddy

dt_racing2006 is a jewel in the rough
Lookicon Spam Connected To Oriental Trading & Others... Beware!

I hope and pray that this will help someone out there! Recently, I received an email from Oriental Trading offering me $10 off my purchase of $10 or more. Well, you know that saying "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is"? It is too good to be true..sure you get the $10 off your purchase, but what they neglect to tell you is that the offer is linked to "EasySaver". This company is the one offering that $10 off..not Oriental Trading. They have fixed it so that when you put in the coupon code you have to enter your email address and zipcode and you are automatically signing up for their services.

I was reconcilling my checkbook this evening and found a $1.95 charge from EasySaver...I didn't have a clue to who that was..I did a Google search and guess what I found? A forum with a lot of complaints by others this has happened to. The charge information also came with a set of numbers with the letters MD at the end of it. I thought the numbers might be a phone number (and it could be, but I didn't call it)..I called Oriental Trading...explained to them about it..and asked for a toll free number to EasySaver...the guy was very kind and he gave me the number...I cancelled my order with Oriental Trading and asked to be removed from any of their mailings. (I certainly don't want to order from them if they are going to allow this to happen to their customers...evidently, money comes before customers!)

Anyway..I called EasySaver right away and explained to them that I was very unhappy with this and I wanted to cancel this "membership" that I had NO idea I was signing up for and it was a fraulent act upon my rights as a consumer. You should have heard the studdering on the other end!..LOL

Any way..before hanging up, I requested a cancellation confirmation number and a name of the person I was speaking with. She was hesitant to give me her name, if she did give me the correct one, I do have a name of the lady I spoke to.

In the forum, that I mentioned earlier, people complained about cancelling it as well, only to find more charges the next month for $14.95, needless to say, causing them to have to cancel their card and ordering a new one. I am not willing to take the chance until next month...I am calling my financial institution the first thing in the morning. Please be aware..in that forum, Oriental Trading wasn't the only website that it happened on...PROFLOWERS was one as well...Be careful out there!

Hope this helps someone!
#1 Dale Jr. fan
Old 02-10-2009, 07:28 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

thanks for letting us know. sorry that happened to you.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

wow.....thanks for the info
Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Big Buddy

mlbrjb is movin' on upmlbrjb is movin' on upmlbrjb is movin' on upmlbrjb is movin' on upmlbrjb is movin' on up

Holy smokes! Thanks for spreading the word!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:17 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

thank you for the info. I got the email too.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

thank you for the heads up.....
Old 02-11-2009, 03:42 PM
New Buddy

dt_racing2006 is a jewel in the rough
Default You are welcome!

I just wish this thread could be kept on the first page of this Chit-Chat thread so that others can see it right off when they come to this forum. I would have for anyone else to get into this mess.
#1 Dale Jr. fan
Old 02-12-2009, 04:55 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

I've recently made the error of signing up for something-or-other and not being careful to UNCHECK the "send me spam" boxes. Kind of ironic, since I'm allus trying to warn other of this.

In the past week, I must have received at least 2 dozen "******" and "please your lady" e-mails. . .sighh. . . The problem with receiving these is that if you follow their links to cancel, it just lets them know their e-mail is getting thru, and they frequently DON'T stop sending you stuff. You just gotta make sure it gets to the spam file so you don't even have to see it! At least they're not charging me for the spam!

Thanks for the "heads-up"!
Old 02-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Big Buddy

HIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to all

Thanks DT....I hope others see this also.

Gosh not only spam, but I get stacks of magazines just because of not checking the "no" boxes......and I've tried to warn people in another thread last year or so to be careful