Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Product Recalls
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP
Default Oklahoma firm recalls frozen chili beef products

A Tulsa, Oklahoma, company is recalling 676,560 pounds (306,882 kg) of frozen chili beef products that may contain pebbles or small stones, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said on Friday.

Windsor Quality Food Co. Ltd. announced the recall of 5-pound (2.26-kg) bags and 20-pound (9.1-kg) cases of frozen "Whitey's Chili with Beans" after receiving 16 reports from consumers who found foreign objects in their chili, and four reports of injuries.
The products were produced November 6, 2008 to January 13, and were distributed to food service and limited retail establishments, according to the department's Food Safety and Inspection Service.
The service said it had not received any reports of injury.
The recall came as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration joined with the Justice Department in a criminal investigation of Peanut Corp of America, whose plant caused an outbreak of salmonella that has sickened 529 people and may have killed eight.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

I don't use frozen chili, but will pass the word along! Thanks for the info.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Big Buddy

tressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud of

The number of recalls of food seems to be absurd lately, or is it just me?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tressa_4 View Post
The number of recalls of food seems to be absurd lately, or is it just me?
Absurd is a good word. . .it might be an accurate word too. However, I was thinking "frightening" would work!! It makes me wonder if terrorists has taken a new tack and are attacking our food sources.