Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2009, 03:50 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Thumbs up Inner Peace

Thanks to my friend Zippi...

INNER PEACE

If you can start the day without caffeine,If you can get going without pep pills,If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,If you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it,If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend,If you can conquer tension without medical help,If you can relax without liquor,If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,...Then You Are ProbablyThe Family Dog!And you thought I was going to get all spiritual with this, huh?!
Old 02-15-2009, 05:59 AM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

I sure don't have all the inner peace I need, thanks
Old 02-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

<Chuckle> I was gonna say if I was that peacful I'd be in a coma. Either that or I'd need a piece on the inner side of my coat so I could use it to blow my brains out!
Old 02-15-2009, 04:14 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

lol magie................
Old 02-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiePerdu View Post
<Chuckle> I was gonna say if I was that peacful I'd be in a coma. Either that or I'd need a piece on the inner side of my coat so I could use it to blow my brains out!

oh Pattie.......don't say that
Old 02-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

I believe she meant through her nose - right friend?

I've always said that if I believed in reincarnation, I would want to come back as a old lady's lap cat. Talk about no stress!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:58 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
I believe she meant through her nose - right friend?

I've always said that if I believed in reincarnation, I would want to come back as a old lady's lap cat. Talk about no stress!
Is it cleaner thru the nose? At least it would clear my sinuses!

Did y'all know last week was "Random Acts of Kindness Week?" I dint, but (speaking of coming back as an old lady's cat reminded me of this. . .my mind isn't entirely uncontrollable!) I had to work a few hours on my normal day off (Friday) and my Friday lunch date was cancelled, so I was gonna go by a shop a little outta the way that buys stock that has been damaged (fires, flood, etc) from high-end stores and resells at a big discount.

I never made it. I passed a little old lady (I MEAN little. . .she musta been all of 4'5. . .I'm 5'3 and she came to my shoulder!) with a cane and carrying a brown paper sack from a dairy/deli store. I pulled into a parking lot she was crossing and (now that I think of it, she musta thought I'd tagged her to squash!) rolled right up to her, rolled my window down and asked if she'd like a ride. Prolly skairt the poor thing to death. She hesitated and I told her I normally wouldn't stop for anyone, but she looked relatively harmless (and unable to inflict grevious bodily harm, to boot!) and assured her that I was relatively harmless my ownself. She eventually got in the car and said she was walking another quarter mile down the street to the dollar store to get catfood. I told her I would buy her cat food and we proceeded on.

I bought catfood and litter, microwave meals for the lady, orange juice, milk, cereal, cookies. . .anyway it all came to just under $40, but I figgered that I wasn't buying my friend's lunch and that was about what I would have spent on lunch. . .besides, I assured her that I had no family locally to spoil and it made me feel good to do it. On the way home, I realized we hadn't purchased bread (the brown paper sack she was carrying was sliced ham from the deli), so we stopped at a gas station/Subway store. I bought her a sammich (she said she hadn't had a Subway in a long time. . .the clerk said she ordered what she ALWAYS ordered. . .juuuust beginning to feel slightly scammed here) Anyway, we took our bread, her Subway and the rest of her groceries to her apt. I carried most of it, she carried her ham.

She asked me to wait outside so she could close her cats in the bathroom. Eventually (was at least a 5 minute wait, in the warming day, holding 15 pounds of groceries) she told me to come in. But, I tell ya, I could SMELL those cats (or their litter) from outside the closed door. When she let me in, I carried her groceries to the kitchen where there was barely room to set them down on top of empty catfood cans and plastic wrappers. I tried to put the milk, oj and cold stuff in the fridge, but there was no room. . .it was stuffed with junk. . .more plastic, an unwrapped half sammich on the heel of some bread, about 2 Tbsp of OJ in a gallon jug, and. . .I couldn't take any more inventory, although I was thinking of helping her clean the place up, I COULD NOT BREATHE without gagging!

I had purchased one red rose for her for Valentine's day and had laid it on the stove (a clean spot!), but after leaving the fridge and looking for a (clean) glass into which I could stick the rose, I realized the oven was on. Every light in the house was on. The TV was on. This poor woman was just simply BLEEDING electricity and apparently didn't care, 'cause I flipped off one switch and she asked me to turn it back on. I turned her oven off, but she said it wasn't the off switch. She'd just recently received a new oven as the old one failed. . .the heat was rolling off the thing. I told her to leave the switch where it was for 20 minutes then come back and see if it hadn't cooled off.

The day had been so warm, she'd removed her coat in my car. The minute she did, my CAR began to smell like her apt. did. I stopped at a car lot on the way home (not serious but looking at cars), and they wanted to look inside my car. It STILL smelled like cats!

Sorry about the long story. . .just wanted to share a bit of a humorous story and confirm that old ladies and cats seem to take good care of each other, even if they neglect themselves.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:15 AM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

for Magie helping someone
Old 02-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

she has a good heart doesn't she??? HUGS
Old 02-19-2009, 03:12 AM
Big Buddy

Motherduck is a name known to allMotherduck is a name known to allMotherduck is a name known to allMotherduck is a name known to allMotherduck is a name known to allMotherduck is a name known to allMotherduck is a name known to allMotherduck is a name known to allMotherduck is a name known to allMotherduck is a name known to allMotherduck is a name known to all

I could tell you were a good soul all the way from here!!

Thanks for the effort Magie!