Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Big Buddy

jangona is a jewel in the rough
Smile spinach recipe

I was watching TV last night, and they were showing a frozen thing that looked like spinach wrapped in dough that you bake. I'm not sure what they are called, but it got me to thinking that would be a nice thing to make for Christmas. Does anyone have any recipes like this? I'm thinking something with spinach, cheese, onions? garlic, of course, but i can always add that... and then wrap it all up in some kind of dough and bake it...

if anyone can help find something like this, i would be so happy!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP
Default Could you be looking for Spanakopita? (Greek spinach pie?)

INGREDIENTS:

1 stick (1/2 cup) plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 lb baby spinach
1/2 lb feta, crumbled (a short 2 cups)
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
10 (17- by 12-inch) phyllo sheets, thawed if frozen

DIRECTIONS:

Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, then cook your spinach and stirit until it is wilted and tender, about 4 minutes.

Remove the spinache from the heat and cool it about 10 minutes. Squeeze handfuls of the cooled spinach in order to remove as much liquid as possible, then coarsely chop it.

Transfer to a bowl and stir in feta, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.

Preheat oven to 375įF.

Melt remaining 1 stick butter in a small saucepan, then cool.

Cover your phyllo stack with 2 overlapping sheets of plastic wrap and then a dampened kitchen towel.

Take 1 phyllo sheet from stack and place it on a work surface with a long side nearest you (keep the other sheets covered) and brush with some butter. Top with another phyllo sheet and brush with more butter. Cut buttered phyllo stack crosswise into 6 (roughly 12- by 2 3/4-inch) strips.

Put a heaping teaspoon of filling near 1 corner of a strip on end nearest you, then fold corner of phyllo over to enclose filling and form a triangle.

Continue folding the strip (like a flag), keeping the triangle shape. Put triangle, seam side down, on a large baking sheet and brush top with butter. Make more triangles in same manner, using all of phyllo.

Bake triangles in middle of oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool slightly.

NOTE:

The pastry triangles can be formed, but not baked, 3 days ahead. Store them in 1 layer in heavy-duty sealed plastic bags, then freeze them. Bake the frozen pastries(do not thaw) as noted above.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP
Default Found it!

Here's a link to a spanakopita thread!

http://www.mybargainbuddy.com/forums...ht=spanakopita
Old 12-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Big Buddy

jangona is a jewel in the rough

Ok, that sounds good, but i was really thinking of something similar to it, but made with regular dough, maybe even like the Pillsbury crescent buns as the crust. I've checked their site, but haven't found anything... thanks so much for the help so far...
Old 12-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Big Buddy

beanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIP

do you know what show you were watching? sounds good, and i'm looking for new spinach recipes.....
Old 02-28-2009, 06:24 AM
Big Buddy

Spinach and Bacon Salad

You can buy bagged baby spinach leaves, washed and trimmed which take a whole lotta effort out of making this salad (fresh spinach takes a LOT of washing!) This recipe will serve four.

Ingredients

1/2 pound baby spinach leaves, washed and trimmed
4 slices of bacon, cook to a crisp and snipped into pieces
1 hard cooked egg, chopped into coarse pieces
4 ounces of sliced mushrooms

Directions

Toss all ingredients together. Chill until serving. Serve with a dressing of your choice.