Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009, 01:32 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

this sounds so good right now. i want chocolate. this might work
Old 01-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Big Buddy

Kathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbabe View Post
Ya gotta just remember to be very careful when taking the mug outta the microwave because that sucker was really really hot, even through a pot holder, so give it time to cool off (I did the 2 minutes, but maybe 3 would have been better... impatient 12 year old wanted cake, lol)
I made these last night for the kids and they were YUMMY! I used a Longaberger mug and the handle stayed cool, but Ashley is right......that cake is HOT! I cooked it for the full 3 minutes.

Don't be alarmed when it starts to overflow from the mug.....that supposed to happen. My daughter called it "Hot Lava Cake" because it looked like a volcano as it was spinning on the turntable and cooking in the microwave. Too funny!

One mug of cake was plenty for 2 people to share! I used Hershey's Special Dark cocoa...........oh boy! That was a rich cake!

"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

Last edited by Kathy : 01-10-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Big Buddy

alice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fans

oh you guys! and you're probably all skinny too! i think i'm getting fatter just READING this!
Old 01-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Big Buddy

Kathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
oh you guys! and you're probably all skinny too! i think i'm getting fatter just READING this!
Oh.....I wish! I have lost 50 pounds in the last 10 months, but I am far from skinny. Notice that I said I made them for the kids. I only had 1 bite.

"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Old 01-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Big Buddy

ashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIP

LOL... Skinny is not a word that exists in my vocabulary, lol... I'm not fat, I'm normal, lol.. my cousin is a size 2, so is my sister.. I would be anorexic to be that skinny..

Con Amore, tutte cose sono possibili

inthekitchenwithme.blogspot.com
Old 01-12-2009, 06:28 AM
Big Buddy

jangona is a jewel in the rough

Ok, I made this cake last night in a very large mug. it never over-flowed, but came to the top of it. I let it cook for the 3 minutes, but it came out a little dry. I was expecting it to be more like one of those cakes that when you cut into it, there was pudding inside it. Did anyone else have pudding inside it? Did I do something wrong??
Old 01-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Big Buddy

xavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud of

This is from Instructables.com There was a article in the Chicago trib today about the cake-in-a-mug recipe and they said this one was actually tastier-- have not tried either though...

Mug Brownie
By now I'm sure everyone and their grandmother has seen the Dizzy Dee microwave chocolate cake in a mug. However, whenever I've made it, I've found it to be somewhat gelatinous and, quite frankly, not really chocolatey. In its stead, here's a brownie recipe that I've been using for a while and with which I've gotten MUCH better result. Note: This really is more for those of you who prefer "fudgey" brownies to "cakey" ones.

Ingredients:
4 Tablespoons Flour
4 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa powder (Note: don't use cocoa mix or quik, it shouldn't have any sugar)
2 Tablepsoons Vegetable Oil (Don't use one with a strong flavor, eg olive, sesame, etc)
2 Tablespoons Water
Dash of salt
Mug
Microwave

step 1Mixing
Add the sugar, flour, cocoa, and salt to the mug and mix. Then add the oil and water and mix the dry and wet ingredients together. Be sure to be thorough, there's a tendenc…

step 2Microwaving
Microwave on high for roughly a minute. You may have to microwave it longer or shorter, depending on your microwave, but the brownie should still be wet in the center when …

step 3Nomming
It's done! Let it cool, grab a spoon, and dig in straight from the mug. I recommend adding a scoop of ice cream for maximum deliciousness.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Kathy was right. . .this cake is puh-lenty for 2 people (unless you're an absolute chocoholic)! Right yummy, quick and satisfying!