Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Healthy Living
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP
Default Drops in blood sugar linked to dementia

Good golly. . .

People with Type 2 diabetes may be at increased risk for developing dementia as they age, several studies have suggested. Now researchers say the higher odds may be linked to life-threatening drops in blood sugar, called hypoglycemia, usually caused by excess insulin.

A long-term study of thousands of older patients with Type 2 diabetes in Northern California found that those who had experienced even one episode of hypoglycemia serious enough to send them to a hospital were at higher risk for developing dementia than diabetic patients who had not experienced such an episode. With each additional episode, the risk of developing dementia increased, the study found.

The findings, to be published on Wednesday in the Journal of the American Medical Association, are significant given the high rates of Type 2 diabetes around the world, and the expectation that dementia rates will increase as the population ages.

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_12144351
Old 04-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

I wonder if it is the compromised circulation due to high blood sugars.....I very rarely see my type 2 patients with hypoglycemia.......most people are non compliant and rely solely in insulin use and coverage.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
I wonder if it is the compromised circulation due to high blood sugars.....I very rarely see my type 2 patients with hypoglycemia.......most people are non compliant and rely solely in insulin use and coverage.
I've had 2 hypoglycemic episodes this week. . .blood sugar down in the 70s. I had to sit down and think about it last night and realized that I had been taking Avandia and stopped when the bad reports came out. I rediscovered the bottle last weekend and started taking them again, chastising myself for apparently omitting a prescribed med from my regimen. I don't usually eat lunch and I think my blood pressure (and my energy) just totally bottomed out Monday and Tuesday, before I realized that I'd actually added a "new" med to my ongoing regimen. I just finished half a peanut butter & jammy sammy, hoping that will keep me on track for the afternoon
Old 04-16-2009, 10:46 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

My dad was all over the place with his BS levels. He was a mean nut case because of this and developed dementia. I visualized his brain as diseased as his feet and legs. It was hell on earth to put it mildly TRYING to deal with him... first for my mother, and then me for ten years after her death.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modemouth View Post
My dad was all over the place with his BS levels. He was a mean nut case because of this and developed dementia. I visualized his brain as diseased as his feet and legs. It was hell on earth to put it mildly TRYING to deal with him... first for my mother, and then me for ten years after her death.

uggggh Mary that stinks............