Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2006, 05:51 AM
Big Buddy

nipper357 is a jewel in the rough
Default coupons

Hi,
I have a question that's going to seem really crazy but it happened to me. I printed out coupons as usual from my computer and made my shopping list according to the coupons and went grocery shopping at Price Chopper here in Connecticut. Got to the check out and the cashier said "don't think we can accept these, some have been counterfeit." I looked totally shocked and stunned , then said what are counterfeit coupons? All she could say was they came from the internet and called her boss. He(who was rude to say the least) gave the explaination of not getting paid the money owed for the coupnons as reinbursement.(Now I have grocories and no coupons). What? From the internet? When I got home I realized the coupons in hand had Price Chopper written on then because I went to HIS website before running out that day. So I called his boss, he promised the rude man would call and apoligize to me and I would be sent a gift card in the mail. I have received none of the promised. I now boycott Price Chopper for the mistreatment of myself, coupons, and the internet. Most of all I hate being lied to. Coupon people beware this is not true, all coupns are equal.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:20 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

sorry to hear that. that stink. that man should of been fired!
Old 06-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Lots of stores don't take Internet coupons. It's always a good idea to call ahead, before wasting your time and ink. I would write or email the corporatee headquarters and relay what you were told. Don't let them get away with being rude!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernan0
Lots of stores don't take Internet coupons. It's always a good idea to call ahead, before wasting your time and ink. I would write or email the corporatee headquarters and relay what you were told. Don't let them get away with being rude!
I agree!.....
Old 06-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

This has happened to me at the Food Lion chain. A new store opened
a couple years ago and was accepting all types of coupons at first. Then
one day as I was checking out, I was told they wouldn't accept the coupons I had printed from the internet because they had been getting counterfiet
ones, etc. I asked for the manager and he said they'd go ahead and take
the ones I had.

I decided to write the corporate HQ to find out their policy. The first answer
I got was yes they'd accept internet coupons. So next time I went to that store I took along a copy of the email reply in case I had a problem. Which I did...this time despite the copy of the email the manager refused the internet coupons I had that day. When I reminded him that he had accepted them the last time I was there, he also got a bit rude and said well I've changed my mind!!!!! So I wrote the HQ a second time and their answer was the only internet coupons they will accept are those printed off the Food Lion website which have Food Lion printed on them.....dang, make up your mind.

Since this happened, I tried using internet coupons at another Food Lion store and they give me no hassle what so ever. I wonder if it's up to the manager of each store to decide how they will handle internet coupons.

At any rate, we have a small Mom&Pop Grocery 1/4 mile from my house, and
they will take any type coupon I bring in when I shop. So unless I need
items that only the big chains carry, I shop with Mom & Pop all the time.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Big Buddy

nipper357 is a jewel in the rough
Default Counterfeit Coupons

I won't go to that store again because of those coupons. The embarrassment was one thing but when I called the so called "Big Boss" when I got home, he was so aplologetic. He told me I'd get a call from the rude Manager and also a Gift Card. NEITHER of those ever came. To me they figure we were just two little people that would forget the whole thing. Not!! I did exactly what most of you suggested and wrote Corporate. Waiting to hear back I'll keep you posted.
Bonnie
Old 06-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Big Buddy

martham52 is a jewel in the rough

Good for you. You did the write thing!
Old 06-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Big Buddy

mommyoftwins is a jewel in the rough

Same thing happened to me, minus the rude employees. We have a Food World here & they did at one time take internet coupons. Not anymore, much to my suprise at the checkout I was told exactly the same thing.. How silly that people would ruin it for all of us loyal customer,(stores & companies) just to save an extra buck? Seems ridiculous.. For every great thing the internet brings us, theres always gonna be some negative.. Hope everything works out for you...