Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2009, 10:22 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Unhappy Will the economy/political climate affect your Christmas 2009?

Our goal is to put aside more cash because of all the uncertainty. DH wants a gizmo that allows him to shoot 22 ammo from his 45. The price has really gone up along with the ammo shortages.

IF only we had invested in guns and ammo stock.

What a thing to be thinking about as the holidays approach but
"The Times They Are A-Changin'".
Old 10-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

I am limiting spending to 100.00 for each child, 50. for brothers and parents and I will get something for my guy friend.
I will also donate to Toys for Tots
I plan on earning supplemental income through ebay so I don't have to touch my take home pay from regular job.
Where there's a will there's a way and I am not a stranger to work.
I wish everyone the best through these times....hopefully things will get better soon.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Big Buddy

beanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIP

Yup, it seems to always affect my spending. This year I will get something for my mother, havent a clue as to what yet, and my son and hubby. Seeing that we're not talking to hubby's mother (the drama queen herself) if he thinks she should have a little something, then he can get it. I WONT waste anymore precious time on her! I wont be drawing names or any of that. And I hope everyone in my family will understand. Afterall, I KNOW everyone is having it hard.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

We are setting limits for everyone and making lots of gifts. My friends are getting friendship books that I'm printing on the computer. DH and I are buying something for the house - not sure what yet. We do a pot luck dinner with DH's family and each family buys for one child under the age of 12. I buy through out the year and do gift baskets for employees and service providers.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Big Buddy

Stubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud of

I have a lot of stuff stashed that I think I can do all of my gift giving for the next 2 years without spending much besides postage. After that I don't know what I will do tho I know I'll have to really cut back.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Big Buddy

Dartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributer

Mine wont change.We never got too carried away anyhow..........Will go on vacation for wife & my x-mas and anniversery present combined. I have no godchildren or kids so nothing to worry about there.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Big Buddy

lionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributerlionsrule2004 is a wonderful contributer

Absolutly! With the news that hubby's job will end in 60 days (or less), I am glad I have socked a few things away.

My daughter's birthday is in December, so I need to get her things for both that and CHRISTmas. My son is 20, so he understands that things are tight, my daughter is only 9 and still believes on Santa, so I can't disappoint her.

As for family, we do candle exchanges and exchange $10 gift cards; so it is not too bad there.