Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Freebies
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer
Default 10/1/10 Dannon agrees to pay up to $45 million in damages for false advertising

Through 10/1/10, Dannon agrees to pay up to $45 million in damages for false advertising of its Activia and DanActive yogurt products Dannon agrees to pay up to $45 million in damages for false advertising of its Activia and DanActive yogurt products | cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Dannon must pay consumers up to $45 million in damages for falsely advertising the health benefits of its yogurt, under the terms of a class action settlement reached Tuesday in federal court in Cleveland.

The targets of the class action were two Dannon yogurt products -- Activia and DanActive -- pitched in TV ads by actress Jamie Lee Curtis. Activia has been sold nationwide since February 2006. DanActive was introduced in January 2007. No other Dannon products were involved.
Dannon has launched an Internet site designed to answer consumer questions about how to receive up to a $100 rebate check. Deadline to apply for a refund is Oct. 1. The checks could arrive as soon as November.
The site is: dannonsettlement.com. Or call 1-888-418-6122.
For checks of $15 to $30, no receipt is necessary. Just fill out the claim form.
For claims of $30 to $100, receipts are required.
The size of the damage checks will depend on the number of claims that are filed.

Under terms of the settlement agreement, Dannon must remove the words "clinically" and "scientifically proven" from labels and advertisements of Activia yogurt in reference to claims the product helps to regulate the digestive system. In their place, the words "clinical studies show," or something similar, must be substituted.
Dannon also must note that Activia and DanActive yogurts are food, not treatments or cures for any medical disorder or disease.
Also, Dannon must remove the word "immunity" from DanActive labels and ads, as well as include a qualifier to the claim the yogurt "helps strengthen your body's defenses" or "helps support the immune system." That is only true, the qualifier claims, "when eaten regularly as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle," according to the order.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Big Buddy

travelerandrea is on a distinguished road
0love0046 10/1/10 Dannon agrees to pay up to $45million in damages for false advertising

everyone knows the yougurt is a good bacteria for your stomache and i eat this all the time !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will take the $30.00 to buy more yogurt with it thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the one who makes all the money is the lawyer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i even went on a casting call for a dannon comercial when i lived in prague, cz. i did not get it but i tried . i did the one leg with arms in the air yoga position !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the other comercial i was in was for a south korean insurance company. you know hollywood is all smoke amd mirrors so i danced with a man to no music !!!!!!!!!!! they put the sound track in after filming. i got paid a couple of hundred dollars and europe pays no residuals. only peopke in south korea got to see it.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Cool experiences! I filmed several pilot shows for a children's art show, in 1996, for our state PBS station, but we couldn't find backing. It was a shame too, because HGTV was interested in the show at the time. I've learned to write grants since then!