America's Favorite Recipe: Toffee-Banana Brownies
1 box (19.5 oz) Pillsbury® Traditional Fudge Brownie Mix
1/2 cup CRISCO® Pure Vegetable Oil
1/4 cup water
3 Eggland’s Best eggs
1 1/2 cups toffee bits
1 cup Fisher® Macadamia Nuts, chopped
2 firm ripe medium bananas, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (2 cups)
1/3 cup SMUCKER'S® Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Generously spray 13x9-inch pan with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
2. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and eggs 50 strokes with spoon. Add 1 cup of the toffee bits, the nuts and bananas; stir just until well blended. Pour into pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup toffee bits over top.
3. Bake 38 to 48 minutes or until center is set when lightly touched, top is slightly dry and edges just start to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. To serve, drizzle each brownie with caramel topping. Cover and refrigerate any remaining brownies.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase water to 1/3 cup. Add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour to dry brownie mix.
GE Imaginationation at Work Award: Blue Cheese and Red Onion Jam Crescent Thumbprints
1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (2 oz)
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (8 rolls)
1/3 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Chopped Pecans
1 teaspoon CRISCO® 100% Extra Virgin or Pure Olive Oil
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup SMUCKER'S® Apricot Preserves
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix cream cheese and Gorgonzola cheese with fork until blended.
2. Unroll dough; separate into 2 rectangles, each about 11 inches long. Place 1 rectangle on cutting board; press perforations together to seal. Spread half of the cheese mixture over dough to within 1/2 inch of long sides; sprinkle half of the pecans evenly over cheese. Starting at 1 long side, roll up; press seam to seal. Cut roll into 16 (about 3/4-inch) slices with serrated knife; place cut sides down on ungreased large cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, cheese and pecans.
3. Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, in 8-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft and lightly brown. Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar, preserves (breaking up large pieces of fruit if necessary) and thyme; set aside.
5. After removing rolls from oven, immediately press back of a teaspoon into center of each roll to make small indentation. Spoon slightly less than 1/2 teaspoon onion jam into each indentation. Remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 350°F.