Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Big Buddy

blondlegreen is a jewel in the rough
Default Do you know how to get the glue off the eyeglass please?

i need your help. one of my family member was trying to glue the lens on the eyeglass and they left a thumb print that is glue right on len. it is prescption eyeglass and only one year old. it costs 300 dollar for that eye glass that is prescption. however, we tried to use a advertise remover, it dont work and then tied nail remover, sdont work. i am upset about it because we tried to get the glue off the lens. and we dont have money for new glass. it was a prescption glass.

i realize that i post this in chat instead of help section but i am desperate and want someone to reply fast ,

pleaseeee helpppp. please help. if you know of an solution to get the glue off the lens, i am so grateful and apprecaite of your take time to asnwer this please, pretty please? i apology if i sound desparate. i was just stressed out . thank you so much.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Big Buddy

bikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIP

Did you try asking your Eye doctor about if anything like
this happening..im sure alot of people have had to glue
their glasses ..we taped son`s till they was fixed..
maybe they have A suggestion.....
Old 06-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondlegreen View Post
i need your help. one of my family member was trying to glue the lens on the eyeglass and they left a thumb print that is glue right on len. it is prescption eyeglass and only one year old. it costs 300 dollar for that eye glass that is prescption. however, we tried to use a advertise remover, it dont work and then tied nail remover, sdont work. i am upset about it because we tried to get the glue off the lens. and we dont have money for new glass. it was a prescption glass.

i realize that i post this in chat instead of help section but i am desperate and want someone to reply fast ,

pleaseeee helpppp. please help. if you know of an solution to get the glue off the lens, i am so grateful and apprecaite of your take time to asnwer this please, pretty please? i apology if i sound desparate. i was just stressed out . thank you so much.
Oh, honey, this is NOT good news, plus, was it regular glue or super glue? If it was Super Glue, part of the reason it works so well on stuff is that there is some chemical in it that actually bonds with (becomes part of) whatever you are glueing it TO. So, that fingerprint may be a permanent fixture of the lens. In addition, you gotta take into consideration what the lens was made of. . .was it actually prescription glass, as you stated, or was it plastic or polycarbonate? If it was glass there may be a chance of removing the glue, but if it was anything else trying to remove the fingerprint may actually make it worse!

Here is what Krazy Glue says to do to remove from PLASTIC lenses:

Quote:
Instant Krazy Glueģ can be removed with acetone [that's your nail polish remover you tried]. However, acetone is a pretty powerful solvent and can damage some types of plastic. A safer solvent is nitromethane that can usually be found at specialty hobby stores. Look for products called "de-bonders" containing the nitromethane component. Always be sure to test whatever solvent you choose on an inconspicuous area first to check for compatibility issues.
http://www.krazyglue.com/faq/
Old 06-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

I was wondering if the Goo Off would work,,, Hope the problem us solved...
Old 06-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

I would definitely call your eye doctor. Like Belinda said, they will know best what will work. I hope you find a solution!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Big Buddy

blondlegreen is a jewel in the rough

update. we couldnt call andw ent to previous eye glass stores because it was three hours away but howvever, we went to a eye glass world store just one hour away and the eye doctor check out the glass and say that we need a special glue remover to get glue out and that we had to order it online , anyway, we look around and seen the three section with all different prices so , we check out and told the cashier or someone that work there, told her what our budgets are., she keep pull us to the section that is so expensive eye glass and out of budgets. we tell her few times what our budgets and we went to other section that is low price and are reasonable in our budget, that lady keep pull us over and insist on the expeensive section that display eye glasses. we feel uncomfortable and knew something is not right. so when other customer called her out and she walk over to other customers. we say to ourselves, something is not feeling right so let go, they agree then we walk away and say to the lady that we are leaving and sorry , bye. we walked outside and saw sears store just across the street so we drive over and went in there. fantastic service over at sears eye glass store. the lady at the desk was wonderful and we explain what happen to the glue on glass, she got them to the lady that work behind the scene and told uys that we need a right glue remover and gave us info on how to get one. and then we asked about the price on new glasses. and explain what our budgets and that is it, she just smiled and say you know what, go ahead and look on that whole wall amd show us the poster card say what the prices. we was able to get two new eyeglasses for just under 150.00, actually was just one penny under budget so we are glad that sears is wonderful service, we couldnt beleive it. the lady at sears understand what our budget s and help us alot. we pay for those and was told to came back in few days to pick up the new eyeglasses. so it was huge help and we left feeling better and comfortable. i am sorry about this long post but i thought you would like update and explain what happened. i want to thank everyone for look up my post and gave me answer and helps. i apprecaite all your help so thank you so much.

Last edited by blondlegreen : 07-19-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:25 AM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

glad new glasses were gotten at a price you could afford. We have bought glasses from Sears in the past and they were good.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:32 AM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Nice to know that there is still customer service in the world! Glad your day ended on a good note!

Last edited by Nan : 07-20-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:36 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

I've never purchased glasses from Sears, but I guess I need to put them on my list for next year!! I get one new pair a year. . .this year I couldn't find a single frame I liked, so I settled for getting sunglasses from a 1 hr shop and still hadda wait 3 freakin' weeks for them to show up and paid just about as much as you did! I picked them up last night and I still don't like those frames (although while I was there I saw 2 new frames I really did like!) Poopers!

Congrats on finding a reasonably priced place with great service, and thank you for sharing your experience with us!