Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

This is my favorite. This occured when General (Retired) Colin Powell
was Secretary of State.

When asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if US plans for Iraq
were just an example of empire building by George Bush. Secretary
Powell replied: Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper60 View Post
This is my favorite. This occured when General (Retired) Colin Powell
was Secretary of State.

When asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if US plans for Iraq
were just an example of empire building by George Bush. Secretary
Powell replied: Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return.
Well said! I've allus like Colin Powell.

And Val, I think I also really like The Honorable Judge Young!

Thanks, ladies, for sharing.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:27 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

"New Year's Day

Ö now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual" ~Mark Twain
Old 12-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Big Buddy

A few more great quotations for the impending New Year:

"Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a better man" ~Benjamin Franklin

"New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time" ~James Agate

"Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go. " ~Brooks Atkinson

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day" ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

"Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us" ~Hal Borland

One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things" ~John Burroughs

Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Glory to God in highest heaven,
Who unto man His Son hath given;
While angels sing with tender mirth,
A glad new year to all the earth.
~Martin Luther

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Big Buddy

Default Today's GREAT Quote

Quote:
"I may not live long enough to see the crisis, but my soul is going to come back and haunt you."

PAUL VOLCKER, former chairman of the Federal Reserve, predicting an economic crisis if Congress fails to adopt trading limits in a law dubbed the "Volcker Rule"
Old 02-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Big Buddy

Tammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIP

Ive never seen this thread. I like it.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke