11-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Creamy Scalloped Potatoes in slow cooker
- 2 pounds (about 6 medium) potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (10-ounces) creamofmushroom soup
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 (slices) American cheese
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Toss slices in 1 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar. Drain.
- Put half of sliced potatoes in greased slow cooker. Top with half of onion slices, flour, salt and pepper.
- Add remaining sliced potatoes and onions. Sprinkle with remaining flour. Add butter and undiluted soup.
- Cover and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours. (High: 3 to 4 hours).
- Add cheese slices 30 minutes before serving.
"resident shameless hussie"