Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Mentor

Sugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
Christine, are their any industries around you large enough to have a plant nurse? All of the refineries around here have a nurse on staff and because of the nature of the possible injuries, the usually want some one with lots of experience. Also, there are many fields where your degree would be beneficial that aren't nursing. When I worked for a counseling agency, two of our case managers were actually nurses. The Autism Support program was one of these programs. Because the case mgr was a nurse, she knew much more about the medical challenges and needs of the clients.

Just because want ads ask for a certain type of degree should not keep you from applying for a job you think you wold like.
Really good ideas Nan.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:26 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

I bought 20 XL green peppers for .79 each. Was slicing them and bagging them for freezer. Somehow I pulled the food processor off counter and had sliced green pepper ALL over. They are usually so expensive around here.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

sorry Mary
Old 03-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
Christine, are their any industries around you large enough to have a plant nurse? All of the refineries around here have a nurse on staff and because of the nature of the possible injuries, the usually want some one with lots of experience. Also, there are many fields where your degree would be beneficial that aren't nursing. When I worked for a counseling agency, two of our case managers were actually nurses. The Autism Support program was one of these programs. Because the case mgr was a nurse, she knew much more about the medical challenges and needs of the clients.

Just because want ads ask for a certain type of degree should not keep you from applying for a job you think you wold like.

Trust me Nan, I've been applying.....I have done the case managing applications too. Seems that everything over here requires extra certification. I don't want to spend money on the certifications unless I get a job.
I am still looking though.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Admin

boooooo........I need to go for a repeat mammogram and ultrasound
Old 03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
Boooooooooooo for you . That is how it went for me.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:00 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Booooooooo.....
Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Admin

booo to being so nervous
Old 03-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
booo to being so nervous
Fingers crossed and prayers said for you, Christine. I had the same thing happen and was totally nervous. The "little pinch" was somewhat more than that for me, but the results were negative. . .which was a wonderful positive. Hoping you have a negative result as well!

BTW, on the job front. . .have you checked with your state health department? Our health dept uses nurses and assistants in each of the counties to administer vaccines and to staff the county health depts. Dunno if your health dept works the same way, but it's worth a check, if you haven't already been there/done that. Good luck on the job front also!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Oh, Christine, I know you are sooooo ready for all of this to be over! I'm sorry that you are having to go through this again!

Another place you might check for job openings is your local Uniter Way. Many of our local agencies have nurses on staff. Worth a try...