Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Big Buddy

mom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIP
Default Update on my bone scan report

I know some of you were wondering about the latest bone scan I had recently. Even though it shows the cancer is stable for now, (which means it's still there, it just not spreading for now), my oncologist wants me to stay on the chemo, because it's the chemo that has kept it stable and he wants to keep it from spreading beyond the bone. (For those that don't know, I have stage IV breast cancer that has spread to my bones.)

I was hoping to get a break from the chemo, but I should have known from past experience that it probably wouldn't happen. But I guess if I have to stay on chemo, it's better to stay on one where I know what to expect from the side effects and know how to plan my activities around my treatments, and at least I haven't lost my hair with this one.

The chemo I am on is called Gemzar, I get it two Tuesdays in row, then a Tuesday off. I am also on a bone drug called Aredia, which is given through an infusion once per month.

So, even though nothing has changed as far as my treatment goes, stable for now is still good news.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

thanks for filling in some of the gaps about what you have and what is being done to help you. I pray that some day you will be completely cancer free.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:50 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayle View Post
thanks for filling in some of the gaps about what you have and what is being done to help you. I pray that some day you will be completely cancer free.

Thanks for the update. One day at a time as we all live.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Stable is good! Chemo sucks, but it seems that this particular protocol that you're on agrees with you better than others might.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Big Buddy

mom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIP

Thank you all! As far as the chemo goes, it's not the worst one I've been on, at least no hair loss with this one. The biggest side effect is on the blood counts, especially the hemoglobin, leaves me feeling fatigued much of the time.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Mentor

Sugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIP

(((Hugs))) Thanks for sharing with us. We do care for you.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
(((Hugs))) Thanks for sharing with us. We do care for you.
Thank you
Old 09-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer
Are they giving you the shots to help keep your counts up?
Old 09-16-2012, 06:03 AM

Mary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to all
0love0046

I admire your strengh and resolve, and am glad you are at least stable.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
Are they giving you the shots to help keep your counts up?
I had shots the first time around I had chemo in 2003, but not this time. When my white counts are too low, I just have to be careful about avoiding sick people and crowds. If my hemoglobin gets too low, they give me a blood transfusion. I've been getting those on average every other month.