Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2006, 04:55 AM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up
Default Anyone have low carb RECIPES?

Does any one out there have any low or no carb recipes? My husband & I are on Atkins for the second time and I am lost on what to cook tonight. I can't remember all the things that I cooked last time, and its frustrating. I make everything with Splenda, can't live with out my sweet tea! And I love the low carb tortillas, so we have had a ton of mexican lately. Let me know if there's any ideas out there
Old 02-10-2006, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Hi Missy,

My hubby does that diet every once in a while. I tried it for one day and couldn't do it. If I can't have a piece of bread with my meal, I'd rather not even eat! lol Now when they come out with the all carbs diet, I will JUMP on that bandwagon! lol

Here are some recipes!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen
Hi Missy,

My hubby does that diet every once in a while. I tried it for one day and couldn't do it. If I can't have a piece of bread with my meal, I'd rather not even eat! lol Now when they come out with the all carbs diet, I will JUMP on that bandwagon! lol

Here are some recipes!
Yes, especially since i'm german I have to have my bread too, and we started last year buying Sara Lee bread, which only has 9 carbs for 2 slices instead of 14 carbs per slice as the other breads. So if I make a sandwich there's no carbs in the meat,cheese,lettuce,or mustard & mayo. Only 9 in the bread and I can have 40-60 a day now. I also found low carb lasagna noodles the other day, its just the low carb spagetti sauce is expensive!
Old 02-28-2006, 06:10 AM
New Buddy

stayingathome is a jewel in the rough
Default Go with sugar free bread!

I have been doing a modified SouthBeach/Atkins diet for 10 weeks. It's my own version I made up. I am eating ONLY whole wheat stuff - so whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, whole wheat tortilla shells. I'm doing NO potatoes, and no sweets with sugar. Sugar-free chocolate is fine, including sugar free chocolate jello. I can't live without chocolate.

You can get sugar free whole wheat bread at Price Chopper and Hy-Vee. It saves a ton of carbs and tastes GREAT!

~So~ by switching away from bleached white flour and eliminating potatoes and fried foods, I've lost 15 pounds and gone from a size 12 to a size 8 in just 10 weeks. I'm also doing the treadmill 15 minutes a day, followed by 15 minutes of Pilates.

I love this "diet" because it's NOT a diet. It's a lifestyle change and I don't intend to ever go back. My complexion is 100% cleared up, too. A side benefit from getting the crud out of my diet.

I am NEVER hungry. If I get hungry between meals I snack on peanuts.

My family of 3 kids and hubby has all adjusted fine - they are all eating a lot better, too! I do still buy them chips and stuff, but they are fine with the whole wheat alternatives!!

Tracy
Old 02-28-2006, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Good for you, Tracy! That's great!
Old 02-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Big Buddy

emtluvs2cook is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy
Does any one out there have any low or no carb recipes? My husband & I are on Atkins for the second time and I am lost on what to cook tonight. I can't remember all the things that I cooked last time, and its frustrating. I make everything with Splenda, can't live with out my sweet tea! And I love the low carb tortillas, so we have had a ton of mexican lately. Let me know if there's any ideas out there
My guy lost over 90lbs on atkins....it definitely works! And it is great for diabetics. Try the whole wheat soft tortillas...they have 4 carbs each. you can find them in wal-mart near the lunchmeat and with the white flour ones---they are in the refrigerated section. I made him pizza on those, egg-bacon-cheese rollups, soft tacos, steakkum, you can use them for just about anything...even regular sandwiches! hope that helps some---they only cost about 2.79 for 8. If I made hot dogs for dinner, he would cut up the weiners and add chile and cheese-no bread! You give a little with the chile, but hey, no bread. They do make whole wheat hot dog buns. P.S. Don't but atkins pancake mix.....it's really nasty. and sugar free doesn't always mean carb free....we learned that the hard way!!!

glow Good friends make you smile...even when you don't feel like smiling glow
Old 02-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Mentor

Yea, I have found that all the Atkins brand stuff is nasty! Thank goodness that more brands are going to low carb. I have talked to a lot of people who are just cutting back on sugar and staying away from rice & potatoes, but still not fully on atkins, and they seem to lose a bunch of weight. When I started induction on Atkins I lost 14 pounds in the first 2 weeks, it took me only 3 or 4 days to get into ketosis, I guess my body was in shock from not getting all the sugar that it was use to!speechless My mom lives near the Russell Stover candy factory in Texas, and she gets the splenda candy that they make, extremely cheap. And there are only 0.3 carbs in a pecan cluster. If you buy Russell Stover sugar free candy, make sure you get the RED BAG not the green bag. The green bag is made with that other artificial sugar that will make you stay in the bathroom!