Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Big Buddy

Michele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on up
Default Is anyone computer savvy????

I downloaded some freeware to check for viruses and spyware, etc. Several different programs found a variety of things. Now I'm getting an error DrWatson Postmortem Debugger error. Something also screwed up my Yahoo browser. AND I tried to do a system restore and it wouldn't do it.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? I'm so afraid I'm gonna lose everything.

Thank you.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Don't panic. Could be when you downloaded the new software something happened with the registry. Go here and run a free scan of your pc using the Registry Fix software.

http://www.registryfix.com/?hop=battlecat

Another site where you can download Registry Mechanic software free
so you can use it any time is: www.pctools.com
Old 05-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Big Buddy

Melissa is a jewel in the rough

If you have a CD burner I'd suggest saving everything you really want just incase.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Big Buddy

Michele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper60
Don't panic. Could be when you downloaded the new software something happened with the registry. Go here and run a free scan of your pc using the Registry Fix software.

http://www.registryfix.com/?hop=battlecat

Another site where you can download Registry Mechanic software free
so you can use it any time is: www.pctools.com

I downloaded the registry fix but it found over 900 things but only removes 15 and then trial version is done. Should I purchase it? It was the same with the other program also. If I should purchase, which one?

Last edited by Michele : 05-13-2006 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:19 AM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member
Wink

I'm moving this post to "Help Me" and also sending a PM to Lindsey..you'll get more replies in that forum! Keep us posted!

Lori Ann
Old 05-14-2006, 10:25 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Updateicon

Michele I am bumping this so you can see what happened to your post. Blame Lori Ann...hehehe.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele
I downloaded the registry fix but it found over 900 things but only removes 15 and then trial version is done. Should I purchase it? It was the same with the other program also. If I should purchase, which one?
Either program is good. I own Registry Mechanic and run it about once
a week.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper60
Either program is good. I own Registry Mechanic and run it about once
a week.
Is it normal for their to be over 900 items found??? That kind of concerns me. If you say to buy it and delete all that stuff, I'll do it.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele
Is it normal for their to be over 900 items found??? That kind of concerns me. If you say to buy it and delete all that stuff, I'll do it.
Depends on a lot of things: number of programs on your PC, the types of sites you visit that affect registry, and so on. If you've had your PC a long time, this can build up on it so 900 could happen.

Another thing I was going to ask is do you regularly clean out the files that hold cookies, temp files, and history on your PC? These can build up quickly and clog your PC and slow it down. I do 'house cleaning' at least once a week on my PC. If you clean these up it could possibly bring down the
900 items found too.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Big Buddy

Oceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising star
Default Watch Out

Was the reason you accepted this
'freeware' because it popped up on your screen and offered to check your system for free? Google the company. Many are a scam.