Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

What operating system are you using? Windows XP? Or another kind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele
I downloaded some freeware to check for viruses and spyware, etc. Several different programs found a variety of things. Now I'm getting an error DrWatson Postmortem Debugger error. Something also screwed up my Yahoo browser. AND I tried to do a system restore and it wouldn't do it.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? I'm so afraid I'm gonna lose everything.

Thank you.

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 05-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I downloaded the registry fix but it found over 900 things but only removes 15 and then trial version is done. Should I purchase it? It was the same with the other program also. If I should purchase, which one?
I've seen people with MANY more, it's totally normail, especially if you don't clean your "junk files" on a regular basis...also if you visit sites that are regularly associated with spam. "FREE" stuff/ad sites, music download sites, or adult sites...any site with LOTS of advertising on them.

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 05-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceangirl
Was the reason you accepted this
'freeware' because it popped up on your screen and offered to check your system for free? Google the company. Many are a scam.

Both of the sites I gave URLs for are legitimate. Each offers a free scan
and/or free version of their software. If a person wants the advanced or full
versions, there is a charge for them.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Two more things to try.
Run Disk Cleanup. Then run Defrag.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:21 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
I downloaded the registry fix but it found over 900 things but only removes 15 and then trial version is done. Should I purchase it? It was the same with the other program also. If I should purchase, which one?
Thanks for the links! I have learned so much at this forum!! I just love it!!
Old 05-31-2006, 08:33 AM
Big Buddy

Michele....sorry it's been a while since I could check back on this post.
Did you get your puter back to normal? If you have any other questions,
fire away.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

Well I guess I did the wrong quote above to the person for the links...anywayz...thanks!!! LOL
Old 06-01-2006, 03:26 AM
Little Buddy

Faye is on a distinguished roadFaye is on a distinguished road

www.komando.com is a great resource to assist with problem solving computer issues. Kim Komando will try to answer any of your computer related questions quickly as possible. She also has a great website full of information. Be sure and look at the "Cool Site" of the day. Kim provides a lot of information on sites for kids, moms and fun!!! She also has a radio show each week. Hope this helps!!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Big Buddy

Magicalone is a jewel in the rough
Lookicon Be Happy to Assist

Too tired. Let me know if you need more assistance, as I just skimmed through your post.
Thanks to the other forum members, I took notes of their advise, too.
Another place to scan your pc is trendmicro.com; look for "Housecall." My security is so good, it won't work!
PC Pitstop is another.
Check out my post about security software.
Another freebie is "Shoot the messenger." Not the IMs.
Worse comes to worse, use this application, and post it:
It's called "Hijack this" also available at Download.com. It is free.

http://www.download.com/HijackThis/3...ml?tag=lst-0-1

While I'm there, I'm going to download the updated version. zzz TG for DSL.

My husband is going to bed; I have to take my meds.

I think I just posted this in the other posting.
Here's the description, be careful w/it. You can scan, but do not delete anything.

"If persistent spyware is bogging down your computer, you might need HijackThis. The tiny program examines vulnerable or suspect parts of your system, such as browser helper objects and certain types of Registry keys. Pressing the Scan button generates a log of dozens of items, most of which are just customizations. Don't check off an item and hit the Fix checked button unless you're sure it's malware. Clicking Info on selected item tells you why the entry was flagged as suspicious, but not whether it's actually malware. To find that out, search the Web for that item's name or go straight to a forum, such as SpywareInfo or Computer Cops. Saving the log creates a text document you can post to these forums.

The latest version adds powerful tools to the Config window. The process manager and hosts file editor help you excise virulent infections. The unique ADS Spy tool scans for alternate data streams, which some browser hijackers use to hide from spyware removers. The program still installs into whatever directory in which you unzip the file, which can make it hard to locate. HijackThis is a serious tool for any user who needs to root out a serious infestation, but wield it with caution."

Last edited by Magicalone : 06-06-2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Big Buddy

Magicalone is a jewel in the rough
Arrow It's me again

Do you have XP, or another op system? I don't know if I mentioned the free scans & fixes; some you download, others are on the web. The fixes are free.
Trendmicro Housecall, PCPitstop, and others...zzz too tired.
Yep, Defrag, checkdisk, and delete internet clutter (I like Clean-up, another freebie), just be careful as it can be set to delete your Favorites, your scores, etc. I have deleted cookies & temp files, and Clean up, found more.

Last edited by Magicalone : 06-06-2006 at 11:01 PM.