Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP
Default Anything weird happen during the Holidays?

ok....today officially felt like I was in a Christmas comedy like The Christmas Story.

everything went well in the morning.

We arrived at in laws house and my arm accidentally got to close to a candle and started to smoke. Thank goodness my shirt didnt catch on fire.

Little dog bit my finger

Squirrels got into my homemade chocolate trifle that was left outside in a tightly closed container

In laws Christmas Tree fell over

I was helping to clean up ornaments and my poor father in law backed up into me and almost fell to the floor

Thank goodness for a family that likes to laugh and has a good sense of humor
Old 12-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Too bad you didn't have a video of it all! You could finance a trip somewhere for next Christmas!

Ours was uneventful. Nice, but quiet.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Hmmm...I got up at 4 a.m. to make the dough for cinnamon rolls (forgot to do it Christmas Eve). Got up later to punch it down, finally got up around 8 to make the rolls and let them sit another 45 minutes to rise, then put them in the oven at 350. After half an hour (starving!) went to get them. . .yeah (sigh), I'd turned the temp to 350, but forgotten to turn on the oven to "Bake." I couldn't find the pans I normally use (jeesh, they must be in league with the socks-without-mates. . .mebbe they pair up on line!), so I used to heavy cake pans and a lighter weight pizza pan. The cake pan versions turned out fine. . .the pizza pan got dark brown and crispy, so I ate some off that pan and gave away one of the others and saved the other "good" one for later.

I'm still getting used to my oven (yep. . .the one that replaced the one I blew up from canning jars of salsa for Christmas, when the pot overboiled and blew out the entire stove!). So, mebbe I should have expected the pecan pie to burn also (if I had, I wouldn't have been disappointed!)

Although the rib roast was slowly cooking away in the oven after I FINALLY got the cinnamon rolls out (small oven, doncha know), since the kids were several hours late coming to eat, the roast was overcooked (no rare meat for me!)

Finally, I had to use a new blender hollandaise sauce recipe and it wasn't thick enough or lemony enough, which was just mildly disappointing. Nevertheless, everyone SAID they enjoyed dinner.

Coulda been much worse and tho not exactly "weird," and certainly not up to Christine's squirrel dessert . . .after a little strategic "scraping," both the overdone rolls and pie were at least edible, as was the roast and the asparagus.

Nonetheless...as usual, I'm very much looking forward to a second chance in the NEW YEAR!!
Old 12-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

funny Patti.......