Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Healthy Living
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP
Default pain drain An early epidural may be the best option

pain drain
An early epidural may be the best option

Good news for moms-to-be. Having an early epidural does not increase your risk of needing a Caesarean, says a new study of 750 full-term, first-time mothers. Previous guidelines recommended other types of pain relief instead of spinal injection until the cervix had dilated more than 4 centimeters, but the study showed no benefit to waiting. "Getting epidural pain relief earlier in labor does not increase the risk of Caesarean or forceps delivery," says lead author Cynthia Wong, M.D. Women who had early epidurals "had fewer side effects and better pain relief" compared to those given narcotic injections. Bonus: Early epidurals cut labor by about 80 minutes, and newborns had better Apgar scores (an assessment of a newborn's condition that factors heart rate, respiration, muscle tone, reflex response, and color).
Old 05-20-2006, 09:20 PM
Big Buddy

emtluvs2cook is on a distinguished road

AMEN sister!!!! I had an adverse effect to the drugs that started my labor. From the beginning my pain was nonstop. No building and ebbing off. It happens occasionally to some people my doctor said. I ended up having an emergency c-section, as my blood pressure was 230/140 with meds and my placenta also abrupted. But, in the OR, i was given a spinal, which is kind of like an epidural, only it doesn't last very long. INSTANT relief. AHHHHHHHHHH. 14 hours of pain, no progress with dilation, and a terrifying emergency to boot. But, at least it didn't hurt anymore, and my baby was healthy!!!!

glow Good friends make you smile...even when you don't feel like smiling glow