Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Healthy Living
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Little Buddy

zann_13 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Medicine woman

I have been feeling inferior to all the people who post on this site because I never felt I had much to contribute. But then I realized that people I work with come to me with (minor) medical issues because more often than not I know a home remedy. (They call me Medicine Woman )
If you get canker sores, there really isn't much that will make them go away. But in order to take away the pain for a while, take a regular tea bag and roll it up longways. Put in under the faucet and get it pretty wet. Disgusting as this may sound, put the wet teabag between the canker sore and your lip (like a dip). I sip water and have a napkin on hand. I usually leave the teabag there for 15-20 minutes. This works really well if you get cankers from braces or if your children have braces.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Little Buddy

Smile Toothaches

If you are having a toothache, hold an ice pack in your HANDS. There is a nerve in your hand that runs to your mouth. This really works. My mom was once in so much pain, she couldn't get out of bed. She was desparate for relief and tried it. Within 10 minutes of holding that ice pack, she was up and around. Turns out she needed a root canal. She held ice in her hand all the way to the dentist office and the dentist said it was scientifically proven to help. I'm not crazy - this really works.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Little Buddy

Default Sore throat?

If you have a sore throat, you can gargle warm salt water (tap water + salt). You can also gargle pickle juice because the vinegar in it helps kill the germs that are causing the sore throat.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Little Buddy

Default Headache

If you have a headache and cannot get to your Advil or whateve, you can pinch the webbing between your thumb and first finger and hold it. Your hand will only hurt for a moment, but you will feel your headache lessen. Hold it as long as you can stand before letting go. Your headache might inch forward, but usually not as severe as before. My mother actually has a contraption that wraps around her wrist that pinches this pressure point to help alleviate her migraines.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:34 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

Glad to see you posting!!

Thanks for the helpful info.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by zann_13
I have been feeling inferior to all the people who post on this site because I never felt I had much to contribute. But then I realized that people I work with come to me with (minor) medical issues because more often than not I know a home remedy. (They call me Medicine Woman )

I think these tips are great, zann_13! One of my daughters has a tendency to get canker sores, I will try this next time!

And no more inferiority complexes! lol Just start a thread about the weather, a favorite recipe, or even your favorite color! lol I'm sure a lot of us will chime in!
Old 02-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Little Buddy

Vanessa is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the info. I love to know all these things... they can come in handy. Thanks for posting!
Old 03-19-2006, 05:08 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP
Default Help for Sties

If you get a sty in your eye(s), this really works.

Prepare a cup of tea but save the tea bag. Squeeze some but
not all of the fluid out of the bag. Take gauze and wrap the
tea bag in it...not too much gauze and not too tight. Lie
down in bed or wherever and place the gauze wrapped tea bag
on the affected eye. Put a warm towel over it (I warm towels
a little in the microwave) and leave on for 1-2 hours or overnight
if possible.

This will draw out the infection that caused the sty. When you
wake up your eye might be mattered shut. Don't open it so the
matter doesn't go back into the eye (it's full of the infection).
Use warm water to rinse the matter off your eye area.

If the infection is really bad, you should repeat this procedure
one more time.

If this doesn't clear up the sty, it's time to see the doctor.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Big Buddy

emtluvs2cook is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zann_13
If you get canker sores, there really isn't much that will make them go away. But in order to take away the pain for a while, take a regular tea bag and roll it up longways. Put in under the faucet and get it pretty wet. Disgusting as this may sound, put the wet teabag between the canker sore and your lip (like a dip). I sip water and have a napkin on hand. I usually leave the teabag there for 15-20 minutes. This works really well if you get cankers from braces or if your children have braces.
What do you mean "inferior" ? That's a load of bull!! We all have something to say and everyone else likes to listen and chime in....no one is inferior---we are ALL friends here.....LUV YA....so join in everything. That's the fun part, everyone's ideas are different and it's great to make friends and get ideas from everyone else

glow Good friends make you smile...even when you don't feel like smiling glow
Old 03-19-2006, 09:30 AM
MVP

Krissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIP

I don't like anyone here....... I'm just teasing of course! everyone here is wonderful and if you say something stupid so what, someone will just add to it!

ps watch out for that pepper.. She's a crazy woman!!