Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2006, 10:21 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer
0sign0050 Telephone Number

Forgive me if this topic has been posted, I did a search and could not find where it was.
I am wondering...when entering sweepstakes do I enter my telephone number? I went to the site where someone linked on here to put in a bogus number. I don't have a problem doing that with freebies, but is that wise to do on a sweepstakes? I am asking because I hate to give out my number in fear of telemarketing calls. I am on the do not call list but does this give these companies permission to call?
Thanks for any advice.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Once you give a company your phone number, you are doing "business" with them and the do not call rules are out the window.

Some sweeps notify you by phone, so giving a bogus number might disqualify you. I suppose you could read the fine print and see how winners will be contacted and decide from there.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:18 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

Thank you Karen. I don't think it's worth leaving my phone number with many of the sweepstakes, I cannot stand people calling me for business. Thanks so much for the advice.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Big Buddy

ChickyChris is on a distinguished road

There is a list of phony numbers listed somewhere here.

I can not find right now and I accidentally erased mine that I used...Help!
I used them alot....thank you!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

Someone once posted on the forum to enter your area code and then 555-1212 and that it worked. I haven't tried it. I always put in my cell # and I have never received a call since the forum opened.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Big Buddy

I will do the 555 one, I never thought of that, great idea! Thanks
Old 06-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

When entering contests/sweepstakes, always give your real telephone number. If you don't, it could disqualify you.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:01 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

i always put my real number only because some places wont send the freebie unless the phone number is valid. they have a way of finding out if the phone number you give matches the address you give. i just don't answer my phone if i get a call i don't know