Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Big Buddy

Melissa is a jewel in the rough
Default My son is in the PICU.

I'm in Spokane in the PICU.

Jacob has hypoplastic left lung syndrome. The left side of his heart doesn't exist, therefore is not pumping blood to his body. The results of having hypoplastic left lung syndrome were supposed to happen within 24 hours, so it's purely a miracle that he is still alive.

He's probably going to die.

Basically he doesn't have half of his heart and his body didn't get blood for about 24 hours before I brought him to the hospital in Hermiston.

We got flown to Spokane on Monday and he's hooked up to tons of machines. IVs coming out of every possible place, a catheder. Lauren's mom shaved his head in ER in Hermiston so he's got a terrible haircut on top if it.

If we choose to let him live (he's on life support right now) and if he lives (organ failure) and if he makes it through three different heart surgeries, he'll more than likely be mentally retarded.

The chance of surviving through all three heart surgeries is about 50 percent if all your organs are working properly, which his aren't.

Basically it boils down to the fact that my son is going to die and it's a matter of when not if.

Chad's here with me.

My mom, Bil, Ramon, Quinton, Fia, Chad, Kyle and Chad's mom have all been here. Fia, Chad, Kyle and Chad's mom are still here. Fia and Chad are leaving sometime tonight and I don't know when Kyle and Chad's mom are leaving.

Leaving all other emotions out of this I miss the hell out of Quinton. I'm so torn between wanting to be with Quinton and wanting to be with Jake. Obviously I'm choosing Jake right now because I don't know how long he'll live. He could go into cardiac arrest at any moment and die before I see him again. My wishes were for them to bring him back, but he'd probably just die again.

I don't know what we're going to do. If the outlook is too grim and he'll definatly not make it through any surgeries, then the choice is there for us to take him off of life support and hold him until he dies.

Probably in a few days I'll come in here and cry and spill it all, but for right now I'm all cried out. I've been crying alot since Monday when this all started.

Right now I'm going to go see my son and then figure out what Chad's doing.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Oh my gosh, Melissa! I can't believe this...My heart goes out to you. (((HUGS))) You and your family are in my prayers.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Melissa, your family and your precious son will be in my prayers and thoughts. We are here for you - God bless you!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

Wow, I am completely speech-less...

I'm so sorry about your son. I truly hope that he can make it through this, God is planning something good for him. I will pray for him. I will have my church pray too! We're all there for you in spirit. Stay strong and help him through this rough time. Keep talking to him, he can hear you!

Lots of love to him and you and your family!!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW

Last edited by lindsey-star : 06-14-2006 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:11 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Melissa

I am praying for you, your sweet son, and your whole family that God
will be there for you and help you through this. Stay strong and know
that we here at MBB are praying that the out come is what is best for
everyone.

Old 06-15-2006, 03:52 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

Melissa,
I am so very very sorry. I will be thinking of you and your son. I know times like this are tough but you have to know that God does things for reasons we will never understand. So with that being said I hope you're ok and if you need someone to talk to please feel free to PM me. I will be here for you anytime you need to talk. ((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs and kisses)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Old 06-15-2006, 05:15 AM
Little Buddy

cindyaw is a jewel in the rough

I am so sorry to hear about your son. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:56 AM
Big Buddy

sckayla is a jewel in the rough

Iím very sorry; I have been and will be praying for your son. These are very hard times for you and your family. Just know that we are all here for you - God bless you!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:19 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

Sending prayers and hugs to you and your family.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:26 AM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

We all care about you. God Bless you and give you comfort at this time.