Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Big Buddy

Melissa is a jewel in the rough
Default Quick update.

If he lived, he'd be a vegetable.
He's on life support.
I don't know when we're taking him off but they're kind of pressuring us since they know it's a lost cause.
I'm not ready for it yet and I'm fine with living in a hospital.
I miss Quin but it's hard to be around him.
I don't know.
I'm miserable and I can't kill him yet.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

Melissa,
Sweety I am so very sorry. Try to stay close to God (I know that can be tough), ask Him for acceptance. I was with a good friend, I met her while my son was in his cancer treatments, she had to unplug her 12 year old son.
I am going to give you something to think about, this was told to my friend. I hope this in some way can help you. Jacob is on a machine, his spirit is in Heaven with Jesus. His body is being supported by a machine. You won't be taking his life Sweety. Gosh my heart is hurting right with yours, this brings back so many memories. My friend was told by the docs that she could leave the room and let them unplug him or she could hold his hand and let them take care of the process. She finally chose to unplug him herself, with her other son holding her hand to do so and I held her other hand.
From what you have posted Jacob is not there, he is with Jesus. I hope this helps you.
Theres nothing worse than letting go of your child. No answers to WHY! I miss my son terribly.
I am here for you...praying for you right now.
Praying and holding you in my heart,
Christy
Old 06-17-2006, 03:33 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

Melissa,
I am so very very sorry. I am crying right now as i am writing this to you. I don't have any idea what you are going through but I am praying for you and your son. I know this must be really tough for you. The only thing I can say is that we are all here for you, night or day, if you need to talk. Again, I'm so sorry! ((((hugs))))
Old 06-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Melissa,

My heart goes out to you and your family. God needs your son with him
for some reason now rather then after he has lived a full life. Be assured
he knows best and will be with you all to comfort you. I have experienced
something similar twice in my life, although it wasn't my child, and I can
feel your pain. I am praying for all of you. God will guide you.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP
Default Melissa

Please don't torture your heart, soul and faith, I agree you are not hurting him as he is already with God. It is his little body that is there before you. You will know when it is time. Again please keep prayer in your heart for that will give you strength.
Deb aka grams1952.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Big Buddy

Smiley is a jewel in the rough
Post Be encouraged

Melissa,

Just Remember that God's got it all in control. Listen to his voice as it will comfort you and give you answers in all that is going on around you. Much Luv and prayers!
Old 06-18-2006, 12:23 AM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Melissa,

I am so sorry to hear this latest news. We were all hoping for a miracle. We are here for you. I know this is a difficult thing to think about, but have you given any thought to organ donation? A woman I know was in a similar situation and she said that really helped her cope with the loss, knowing that a little piece of her daughter was still here, living on in someone else.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:36 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

Karen is right we are all hoping and praying for a miracle. God CAN create miracles if it is in His plan. I am still praying for a miracle for Jacob, I prayed for a miracle for my son until he took his last breath. But it was not in His plan, but I know my son is in Heaven, he is pain free and I KNOW I will see him again.
There were times I wanted to give up on God, I got angry, but in the end I stayed true to Him and I am ok with my son being in Heaven. What has got me through it is knowing I will be with him and hold him again. This life we have here will look like the blink of an eye when we spend eternity in Heaven with our loved ones. I have had one miscarriage, one tubal pregnancy and lost my 3 year old son to cancer, I have more kids in Heaven than I do here! That gets to me, then I think about what I have waiting for me in Heaven and I know I just have to keep living and keep believing.
I have my 2 children here that need me to keep it together and be strong for. Sometimes its tough, but with family and God I get it done.
God bless everyone.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Big Buddy

emtluvs2cook is on a distinguished road

I can only imagine what you are going through, there is no way to really understand since I have never been there. But, I do hope that all of us thinking about you and praying for you will give you some strength in some way. I do understand that you aren't ready to unplug. I would probably feel the same way. You will know when you are ready, and then you will be able to. Just remember, he will always be with you, not how you hoped. But you will keep him with you always.

Love and Hugs.......

glow Good friends make you smile...even when you don't feel like smiling glow
Old 06-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Melissa,
You are not "killing him". You are helping him. You are his Mom and need to make the right decision. Ask yourself about his quality of life right now. Does it make you feel good seeing him hooked up on machines?? You're torturing yourself. I am writing this with tears in my eyes because I would not want to be in your shoes right now. Please speak with your clergyman or woman.
WE are all praying for you and Jacob.