Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer
0sign0037 Abandoned Kitty..I'm trying to save.

My Momma cat has abandoned one of her kitties, I have done all I can to try to get her to take care of it. I am now bottle feeding it. I had to start it on dry milk, hubby is on his way with kitty milk from the vet. Has anyone had any luck with any puny kitties? When I found it, it was near death, I warmed it up, on my chest..(got desperate..lol) and it seems to be doing fine. I am getting it to potty like your supposed to do with kitties. Anyone else have anymore advice?
The darn bottle I have for it is the smallest I could find, it says its for kitties but the nipple is still too big and too hard, so I am constantly having to squeeze the bottle, it swallows and so far it's not going into the lungs. I am used to taking care of calves but not Kitties!!! LOL
All advice is appreciated!
Old 06-24-2006, 02:47 PM
MVP

Krissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIP

Try an eye dropper, it's slower but usually works much better
Old 06-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

Good idea! I don't have one, i will call my mom and see if she does. The lil booger is so danged cute, I am becoming very attached! I will try my best to keep it alive.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member
Wink

We used an eyedropper with Murphy (baby beagle boy) last year. We were asked to foster him because he was too sick to qualify for the adoption program. We got him mid June and he was about 6 weeks old and weighed about a pound. He was too sick to even hold his head up.

I'm happy to report that he is now 26 pounds and celebrated his first birthday 5/03/06!

Use the eyedropper and feed them a tiny bit as often as possible. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Lori Ann
Old 06-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Big Buddy

cruising66 is on a distinguished road
Default Did he nurse at all?

Did the kitty nurse from the mother cat at least once? The mother's milk contains colestrum(sp?) and the baby needs that to live... Baby formula (dry or wet) is also good to feed through the eye dropper. Good luck!
Old 06-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann that is awesome! I bet you love him so much since you watched him fight and survive, the kitty is getting stronger and stronger.

Cruising66, yes the momma fed it the first 2 days of its life actually 2 1/2 cuz for 1/2 a day I forced her to lie down and nurse it and it worked then she got tired of me...lol. So luckily it did get the colostrum. My hubby should be home soon with the eye dropper and the good kitten formula. I will have to get up with it every few hours through the night for awhile, but my daughter is 13 and she said she would help. How sweet.
Thank you all for the advice, if anyone else wants to share please do!
Old 06-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Big Buddy

mom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributer

Try these sites for some advice.
http://www.feralcat.com/raising.html

http://www.penmarric.ns.ca/catcare/health/orphan.htm

Old 06-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Big Buddy

cruising66 is on a distinguished road

About three years ago on Memorial Day, I found five abandoned baby kitties in a mud puddle... they were about an hour or so old, left by one of the strays that hung around. I brought them inside and put them in the waterbed (heated). Needless to say, lots of sleepless nights later, they all lived. There were, from then on, my special babies! I put them in a cardboard box with lots of towels and a heating pad (lowest setting). Eyedropper and baby formula worked for me. Hope it works out for you. They are so dang cute!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Big Buddy

mom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributer

http://www.talktothevet.com/ARTICLES...ingkittens.HTM
Old 06-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Big Buddy

http://www.feralcat.com/raising.html