Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer
Unhappy Please pray...Our land is in jeopardy. :(

The army is trying to condemn more land near us. If it takes place most of our neighbors and our school and our small town will be wiped out. Our land is in the 3rd phase and so if this 2nd phase takes place we will lose ours eventually. In the 1980's the army took land by condemnation and many lost their land and were not reimbursed at all.
Here is a link to a good news article. I just was wanting to bring about awareness and ask for some prayers and support. I don't know any other life and do not want our land taken away.
http://www.gazette.com/display.php?id=1318714

Our website for awareness is www.pinoncanyon.com Please visit it and email it to your friends to bring about awareness.
We support our troops but we shouldn't have to lose our land, our schools and our livelihoods. It's not a sacrifice we should have to make.
My son is buried here on our ranch, what will I do? This is really hard and I just wanted to share it with you all.
Thanks for the support, Christy
Old 06-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

This has me caught between a rock and a hard place.

I was raised on a farm and know the pain of losing your land. In the
1970's the state was building a 4-lane highway that took the 5 best producing acres we owned. My Dad faced a hard decision; sell at a puny $500 per acre or the state would sieze it. He spent money we could not afford to hire a lawyer and had to accept the $500 an acre. Three years after we sold the 5 acres to the state, my Dad had to face another hard decision as to whether to continue to struggle to farm the land we had left or take the loss...we ended up taking the loss and had the state come in and bulldoze every thing that was left down to nothing. Dad ended up going to work in a factory after the loss of our family income from the farm. This was heart breaking for the whole family.

But I side with the Army to a certain extent since I worked as a civilian employee for it for 31 years. I understand the need for the expansion and how important it will be to the freedom and defense of our nation and our
Allies. The Army is reasonable and will work towards a compromise if that's
what it takes.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:32 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

this really stinks and noone really wins here. i'm sorry that this is happening. wish there was something i could do.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:43 PM
MVP

Krissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIP

You three deputies should just git on out there and shoo them away I hope everything works out for you Christy.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymom40
You three deputies should just git on out there and shoo them away I hope everything works out for you Christy.

Hey, where is your badge or are you Under-cover, lol...

I can't help but think that there is an alternative with all of the government owned waste-lands and undeveloped areas. I'll check out the links Christy and will keep you in my prayers - this is indeed heart breaking.

Lori Ann
Old 06-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Another thing we can blame on Bush?????
So sorry Christy. Hopefully things will go your way

Last edited by Christine : 06-25-2006 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper60

1970's the state was building a 4-lane highway that took the 5 best producing acres we owned. My Dad faced a hard decision; sell at a puny $500 per acre or the state would sieze it. He spent money we could not afford to hire a lawyer and had to accept the $500 an acre. Three years after we sold the 5 acres to the state, my Dad had to face another hard decision as to whether to continue to struggle to farm the land we had left or take the loss...we ended up taking the loss and had the state come in and bulldoze every thing that was left down to nothing. Dad ended up going to work in a factory after the loss of our family income from the farm. This was heart breaking for the whole family.

But I side with the Army to a certain extent since I worked as a civilian employee for it for 31 years. I understand the need for the expansion and how important it will be to the freedom and defense of our nation and our
what it takes.
The same thing is happening to my familys land. My grandparents came over to the U.S. from Ellis Island in the 1800's and when they settled in Texas, they were the first to own the family land from the government. Well, now they are planning on building a 4 lane hwy from Dallas up through to Oklahoma which takes them straight through our familys farm land. My family makes a living on farming with cattle and wheat. They were told that they can accept the fair market value of the land or if they decline, then it can be taken for nothing. We hope it doesn't come down to that.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:49 AM
Big Buddy

hblueeyes is a jewel in the rough
Default land

I would rather see the land seized from and for the military than for a contractor to get rich, however, they should pay you fair market value along with extra for expenses. About 10 years ago they were taking some homes and a school for the expressway. The school was old and other nearby schools in the district were able to absorb the students displaced. Homeowners were given fair market value in addition to expenses for moving. Though most did not want to move they were all able to find new residences with little hrdships. That is a fair way to handle it. Since the Army would not have to pay for the school or the village buildings, there is no reason you should not be compensated. I have never heard of such a thing. How will mortgages be paid and are the banks holding those mortgages getting involved? If this happened to me, I would go bankrupt. But for those that own their homes outright, how can they do this?

Time to call Hannity and Colmbs and get this on the news.

Me
Old 06-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper60

what it takes.

Pepper I am so sorry for what you had to go through. You know the heartbreak it involves.
I understand the need for expansion as well, BUT if people are NOT willing to sell, which nobody is then they need to look elsewhere. The army is NOT reasonable, they were not reasonable when they did the first takeover, people then did not want to sell and they would NOT offer them fair market value for their land. Many people were forced out of their homes and I know and have been working with some of them, they are standing up with us now to fight yet another take over. One family and a friend of ours lost 1/2 of their land and had to sell most of their cows because of it and now they are faced with losing the rest of it. I am watching these people go into depression and having anxiety attacks, I have seen their tears at our meetings and it is real. The army didn't give a damn in the 80's and we hope that has changed. So far they are saying they will not use condemnation, but that is the exact thing they said in the 80's. Time will tell. Until then we will keep the fire buring to keep our land and I will stand by my neighbors, these people are my family and if their land is gone we were told ours is next. With all the land the government owns, there is other options and they don't need to ruin our lives.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:42 AM
Big Buddy

Many of the people that are in the interested area of expansion are at an age where their cows are taking care of them, many ranchers depend on their cattle. It would be impossible for them to start over and be able to keep their cattle. Also impossible for them to take on new jobs. That is too much to expect out of someone. America is supposed to be the "land of the free", its not that way here. We are having our freedom and many rights taken away. Puts a pretty bad taste in your mouth for the government and the Army.