Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2006, 06:44 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmuffs
this really stinks and noone really wins here. i'm sorry that this is happening. wish there was something i could do.
Thanks sweety, If you want you could contact your senator and let them know they need to help us. We have been contacting all the Senators to ask for help. The constitution needs to be changed so eminent domain cannot take place. The government owns enough land, they need to leave our alone. Thanks for your support.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:46 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymom40
You three deputies should just git on out there and shoo them away I hope everything works out for you Christy.
If only it were that easy! LOL!! We are trying to shoo them away, hopefully all the time and resources we are putting into it will help. Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it!
Old 06-26-2006, 06:47 AM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Ann
Hey, where is your badge or are you Under-cover, lol...

I can't help but think that there is an alternative with all of the government owned waste-lands and undeveloped areas. I'll check out the links Christy and will keep you in my prayers - this is indeed heart breaking.

Lori Ann
Thanks for the prayers Lori Ann. There should be an alternative, the government owns a little over half of the U.S.!
Old 06-26-2006, 06:51 AM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by critbunny
Another thing we can blame on Bush?????
So sorry Christy. Hopefully things will go your way
I agree! He is doing a poor job in my opinion. Our fuel prices are higher than ever...he owns all that oil...I guess he is benefitting so much he don't care. I voted for him and kick myself for doing so. I have family that has been to Iraq and have been told that many of the soldier just want to come home, they feel like they have done all they can and that was 10 months ago! It makes me sick. And no I have not forgotten 9/11, I just don't agree with Bush. But that is a whole other conversation..lol!
Old 06-26-2006, 06:59 AM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy
The same thing is happening to my familys land. My grandparents came over to the U.S. from Ellis Island in the 1800's and when they settled in Texas, they were the first to own the family land from the government. Well, now they are planning on building a 4 lane hwy from Dallas up through to Oklahoma which takes them straight through our familys farm land. My family makes a living on farming with cattle and wheat. They were told that they can accept the fair market value of the land or if they decline, then it can be taken for nothing. We hope it doesn't come down to that.
Missy, that is HORRIBLE! From everything I have researched on I advise they take the fair market value. When government makes up their minds there is no fighting them. I know people in other situations that turned down the fair market value offers and they seized it. It sucks! There is nothing fair about any of it! Fair market value is nothing...people in this profession of ranching and farming they don't care about "fair market value", people in this profession are not in it for the money, they are in it because it is what they love! If I wanted to make a bunch of money I sure wouldn't be a rancher!! I do it cuz I love my cows, I love my ranch! I cannot imagine any other way of life. Someday I may have to. And in the process I may have to move my sons grave. I will not leave it in a training zone for the Army to bulldoze like they have done others........oh BUT it was an ACCIDENT!!!!! Cemetaries are sacred! Ok, better quit now...I have to be careful, my health cannot handle me getting to fixated, I struggle with depression and sure did not need this situation to worry about.
I see many of the people that are at risk in the next few months, they look older and you will see them with the worry in their faces, this expansion is really taking a toll on them. Pray for them.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hblueeyes
I would rather see the land seized from and for the military than for a contractor to get rich, however, they should pay you fair market value along with extra for expenses. About 10 years ago they were taking some homes and a school for the expressway. The school was old and other nearby schools in the district were able to absorb the students displaced. Homeowners were given fair market value in addition to expenses for moving. Though most did not want to move they were all able to find new residences with little hrdships. That is a fair way to handle it. Since the Army would not have to pay for the school or the village buildings, there is no reason you should not be compensated. I have never heard of such a thing. How will mortgages be paid and are the banks holding those mortgages getting involved? If this happened to me, I would go bankrupt. But for those that own their homes outright, how can they do this?

Time to call Hannity and Colmbs and get this on the news.

Me
Many will have to go bankrupt I am afraid. Even with fair market value that doesn't help someone that has been borrowing against the ranch to get through the drought and many have had to do that. Feeding cattle year round because there is no grass is very expensive. Hay is up to 1.70 a ton! But that is what it is all about, there are good years and bad years, but being able to do what you love to do and live where you are at peace makes it all worth it.
We have contacted every news that there is. We had a good article in the Chicago News last week. All the major news sources have been contacted. We just pray they will all bring about awareness. Thanks for caring, I really appreciate it.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:40 AM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

It is awful that you going through this. When the military comes to take over land it is normally done by the government for a base or by the Army Corp of Engineers. http://www.usace.army.mil/ They are contracted through the government and use the land for specific reasons. I do understand though, that they should try and find land that is not being worked on or inhabited by people. And maybe they already looked and came up empty handed. I know that it takes several years for them to plan and search for area to build on and normally its done by statistics. Like maybe they need a base there for specific reasons (like airborne is in one base,military police are in another, and communication is at another)and normally the governor is involved where they believe it will bring in proceeds and jobs into the state for the state revenue. Its all politics and that sucks! I really hope that they build somewhere else, but yet still there will be families out there who will have to pack up and leave.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Big Buddy

Missy thanks for the link, I will check it out. They use the current site they have for training only and are saying when expanded it will only be used for training. This past year they have used it more than any other year, in previous years it was used very little. This danged war is pushing for bigger things and more training. I want our servicemen to have proper training and I want them prepared for what they have to face. I love our service men and women. I just don't think we should have to give up our freedom in the process. It's un-American. I have discussed this with many veterans that have fought for our freedom and they think it is really sad. They are moving, can't remember the exact number, but moving many additional troops to Colorado Springs and they said that is the reason for expansion. So the economy here will drop because all the people that live on these acres they want will be gone, nobody will be there. It is strictly for training purposes. The surrounding towns are getting worried. They should.