Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2006, 08:51 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP
Default Star Jones Reynolds Erased from 'View'

NEW YORK (AP) ó Star Jones Reynolds was booted from "The View" Wednesday, one day after surprising ABC and Barbara Walters by saying on the air that she wouldn't be returning to the daytime talk show in the fall.

Reynolds was quickly erased from the show's opening credits, now down to three women from the usual five.

"It is becoming uncomfortable for us to pretend that everything is the same at this table," show creator Walters. "Therefore, regrettably, Star will no longer be on this program."

ABC had decided against renewing Reynolds' contract months ago and the show was planning to let Reynolds announce it later this week, according to Walters. Reynolds could say whatever she wanted to about why she was leaving, "and we would back her up," the longtime ABC newswoman said.

Instead, Walters said she felt blindsided when Reynolds broke the news Tuesday, then was quoted in People magazine as saying she felt like she was fired.

"We gave her time to look for another job and hoped that she would announce it on this program and leave with dignity," Walters said. "But Star made another choice."

Reynolds' spokesman did not return calls and e-mails seeking comment.

Walters didn't discuss on the air why Reynolds, an original cast member who's been on the show for nine years, wasn't being asked back. She said in an interview Tuesday that research showed audience members were turned off by Reynolds' dramatic weight loss and glitzy wedding to banker Al Reynolds in 2004.

Reynolds later retorted that TV ratings and her book sales indicated this wasn't true.

"The View" is bringing on Rosie O'Donnell to replace Meredith Vieira in September, and the hunt is now on for Reynolds' replacement. Walters said Reynolds may still appear on the show in recorded segments.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Maybe our lives as ordinary people aren't so bad after all.

The rumors had been circulating for a long time that this was going to happen. Whether fired or leaving for other reasons, this is part of the life of a lot of celebrities. The catty remarks are unnecessary.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:31 AM
Big Buddy

Megan is a jewel in the rough

I'm actually pretty sad about this one! I liked the opinions/views she brought to the table. But for the past week or two, she hasn't been herself, seemed annoyed with everyone, and I wondered if something was up? ICan't wait to see what the future holds for her...
Old 06-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

Walters didn't discuss on the air why Reynolds, an original cast member who's been on the show for nine years, wasn't being asked back. She said in an interview Tuesday that research showed audience members were turned off by Reynolds' dramatic weight loss and glitzy wedding to banker Al Reynolds in 2004.

I don't believe that this is the real reason at all for her contract not being renewed. Her and Rosie have been at each others throats for years , and they had hired Rosie before letting Star even have an opinion on it I just think that the producers may seen a feud in the future with both of them on air. It's too bad too, cause I love the both of them.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Big Buddy

cruising66 is on a distinguished road

I, personally cant wait for Rosie to get back on TV... I think she has a lot to offer, and I really like the way she treats people... she's real and she's a kind person! Go Ro!!
Old 06-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Big Buddy

Michele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on up

If we are being honest, I liked Star a lot better when she was overweight. As she lost weight, she got ... I don't know ... she changed. I miss the old Star. I am glad the new one is gone.

As far as Rosie goes, I'm guessing they picked her about the time they decided Star was gone.

I love Rosie. She's honest and upfront, and still pleasant and compassionate. I loved her show and mourned when it went off the air. This is a great thing for Rosie fans. Now that we don't have to worry about tension between Rosie and Star, I'm so excited for it to be September and the new show to start. I'm so curious who they will get to replace Star.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Sounds like a cat fight to me!! Maybe they can get Oprah's pal Gail to fill Star's shoes.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

I think I am going to apply for that job. Bring a real working girl with an opinion to the table.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:26 AM
MVP

Krissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIP

My vote's for Christine
Old 06-29-2006, 05:01 AM
Big Buddy

Minni is on a distinguished roadMinni is on a distinguished road

I didn't really watch the show too much, but I didn't think Star added that much anyway. I just don't like the way she is saying that she feels she was fired. I'm mean she was, but it wasn't a surprise. It had been in the works for months. Her apartment has been up for sale for for a while, so I'm sure that was because she knew she wasn't going to have her contract renewed.