Originally Posted by Oceangirl
Cookies aren't the same as chocolates. This quote is from Sees Candies, a very fine chocolate candy outfit for over 50 years in California and Nevada:
Our candies do not have any
added preservatives and therefore are very sensitive to temperature
changes. The white residue on the candy is usually caused by an
exposure to temperature change, which causes the cocoa butter to rise to
the top, giving it a white appearance. The candy is still good to eat, but may lose some quality after being exposed to a temperature change (cold or heat).
ok cookie was the wrong word, what I had was called "ChocoStix" by Nabisco. The chocolate is what was bitter. the wafer was ok. I have had chocolate that turned white but it still tasted good. In this particular case, the chocolate definitely tasted bitter. I'm just talking about the chocolate that I myself ate, I have no idea about any other chocolate.