Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Big Buddy

momnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud of
Default Mardi Gras and Making Fun of Katrina

When you have witnessed a disaster up close, or had friends and relatives who have, and survived, you have to have a sense of humor about it. With Mardi Gras coming up, there are a lot of floats that will be making fun of Katrina. There is a parade in Baton Rouge that we don't usually go to because it is R to X-rated- mostly political satire, but there are things I wouldn't want my kids to see. But hubby said he would babysit our kids and my niece so my sister and I can go to it.

For one thing, they always have a Lawnmower Precision Team. They do routines (like bands) and their costumes and theme always have something to do with mowers, like the time they wore fruit on their heads and were "Carmen Mowranda".

But the real reason I want to go is the Theme of the whole parade- It's
"FEMAture Evacuation"!! I can already evision some of the floats- probably some to do with brownies as in Bush's remark to former FEMA head Michael Brown "Way to go, Brownie".

Here's the link for the parade with photos from past parades:

http://www.spanishtownparade.com/

New Orleans Saints, winners of the 2010 Super Bowl! WHO DAT!!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member

A sense of humor is priceless, eh?

I forwarded your link to two of my dear friends, Adrianne (in New Orleans and losing her marbles - she goes to a Kwick Kopy shop for internet access) and Evey (who retired from the police force in Boston 18 months ago...wait for it..to Punte Gorda, Florida...she stayed with me up here in Wilmington , NC for 3 months while she is house hunting - done with Florida).

Nancy, I'll keep you and your family in my prayers, things will get better

lori ann