Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2006, 09:46 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Question What's on your Valentine's Day menu?

Do you cook a special meal or go out to eat?
Old 02-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Big Buddy

Rhendi is a jewel in the rough

Definitely will be in! Don't think we could have a very romantic dinner with 4 kids! lol

I'll probably make one of my husbands favorite meals just as a little suprise!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:33 AM
New Buddy

Kaela is a jewel in the rough

I'm doing a special fun daytime Valentines for the babies then swooshing them off to Grandma's house at 4 to spend the night so I can do a romantic/sexy dinner for me and my hubby!

I'm making chicken cordon bleu but I'm still working on the trimmings. I'm kind of a cheat because I found out my grocery store will make them up for me so all I have to do put them in the oven!

Any ideas for what goes good with chicken cordon bleu? My hubby eats anything so I'm open to suggestions!!
Old 01-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaela
I'm doing a special fun daytime Valentines for the babies then swooshing them off to Grandma's house at 4 to spend the night so I can do a romantic/sexy dinner for me and my hubby!

I'm making chicken cordon bleu but I'm still working on the trimmings. I'm kind of a cheat because I found out my grocery store will make them up for me so all I have to do put them in the oven!

Any ideas for what goes good with chicken cordon bleu? My hubby eats anything so I'm open to suggestions!!
Sounds yummy! You want the chicken to be the "star" of your meal, so I wouldn't get overly creative with the sides. A salad, maybe a crunchy italian bread, green beans and perhaps garlic roasted potatoes. For dessert you could always see if you can find some hot-house strawberries and dip them in chocolate...might want to retreat to another room to share those, perhaps with a split of champagne.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Probably rib eye steaks. They're a favorite in my house.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Big Buddy

Donia is on a distinguished roadDonia is on a distinguished road

mmmm if possible ... my son and I will go out to eat somewhere....I will let him pick and not complain... I have visions of Gattiland in my future
Old 01-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Big Buddy

Dartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributer

I made reservations on Sat. for a nice restaraunt for Valentines Day night.....they have a few specials that night and I reserved a rare primerib for me and a med. rare top sirloin and jumbo shrimp for the wife......
Old 01-29-2007, 03:18 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartman
I made reservations on Sat. for a nice restaraunt for Valentines Day night.....they have a few specials that night and I reserved a rare primerib for me and a med. rare top sirloin and jumbo shrimp for the wife......
How thoughtful and romantical-like. I actually wouldn't think to reserve a particular meal, but I can see that demand on a day like Valentine's Day might cause a shortage in the kitchen and this way you're certain to have what you like available to you.

We prolly won't do anything in particular, although the SO will have had a 1st paycheck by Valentine's Day. Maybe steaks at home.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:20 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Nothing special. Probably what ever is in the frig.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:02 AM
New Buddy

Kaela is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiePerdu
Sounds yummy! You want the chicken to be the "star" of your meal, so I wouldn't get overly creative with the sides. A salad, maybe a crunchy italian bread, green beans and perhaps garlic roasted potatoes. For dessert you could always see if you can find some hot-house strawberries and dip them in chocolate...might want to retreat to another room to share those, perhaps with a split of champagne.
Great suggestions Magie!! I think you just planned my whole meal! Perfect!!!!!!

Thanks!!