I did this and it literally took less than 3 minutes!
"Valid at Exxon/Mobil thru Dec. 31, 2006.
Sign up for a free Speedpass and
1) Residents of FL, LA, MA, NC, NJ, RI and SC will get a free $20 Exxon/Mobil Gift Card!!
2) Residents of all other states will get a 5¢ off every gallon of gas for 90 days up to $20.
Yes, you can link Speedpass it to any credit card.
FYI: Speedpass is a tiny wand attached to a keychain. Inside the wand is a computer chip. You simply hold the Speedpass up to a special pad at the Exxon/Mobil pump. Then, enter your zip code and your credit card is automatically charged. You can link whatever credit card you would like. No pulling out the wallet, no going inside.
Promo Details- Click Here
Sign Up Link- Click Here
Here's my suggestion to on how to stack this discount with others (for those of us unlucky folks who aren't in the select 7 states)
1) Get a Speedpass
2) Link it to a credit card which gives you 5% cash back or more on gas (such as Chase Cash Plus Mastercard with 5% on everyday purchases and a $100 signing bonus.)
3) Then, sign up for the Upromise college savings program. Its an additional 1¢ discount toward college. Because if every penny didn't count, you wouldn't be surfing the internet! Even if you aren't going to college, it can be given to your kids, neigbors, or that lucky kid who took your order at Starbucks this morning.
Here's what it looks like with all of the saving! (Example)
$ 2.50 > posted price per gallon (example)
- 0.13 > 5% CC rebate....assumes that you have and use a 5% Reward Credit Card. ($2.50 x .05)
- 0.05 > discount from the Speedpass promotion
- 0.01 > Upromise Discount
=$ 2.31 > actual price you end up paying per gallon in the long run. I'd say thats a pretty good savings!
Thats a savings of 19¢ per gallon!
Note - ignore the mailer sticker that says you should call into activate the card - you MUST activate on line after you receive your package to receive the GC or the rebate!