Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2006, 09:42 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Wowmarker Procrastinators beware: Those must-have gifts are already going fast

Procrastinators beware: Those must-have gifts are already going fast
Holiday shopping: Retailers are gearing up for the busy season, with plenty of consumer spending

By Mark Lennihan
The Associated Press

A warning to procrastinators: Better shop early if you want the must-have holiday gifts.
Already, toy sellers like Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Toys "R" Us Inc. and KB Toys Inc., are scrambling to get their hands on more hot toys, particularly T.M.X. Elmo from Mattel Inc.'s Fisher-Price, whose better-than-expected sales are making it increasingly likely to be the must-have toy for the season.
In yet another encouraging sign of consumers' willingness to spend, Scott McCall, chief toy officer at Wal-Mart, noted that high-priced toys like $249 red Mustangs under Mattel's Powerwheels brand are selling fast early in the season, something that he hasn't seen in five years.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

I say don't fall for the hype! Who needs an Elmo doll that costs over $200?! It's a TOY for crying out loud!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:08 AM
MVP

Krissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIP

my husband made some money on those Elmos..
Old 10-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

what the heck are they????
Old 10-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer

I bought one of the Elmos at Target for $39.99. It was more than I typically would have spent, but I was just happy to get one at all. It's sitting in the top of our closet as a Santa gift for Noah. He'll only be 3.5 months old by then, but I couldn't resist. LOL My dd got the original one when she was a baby as well...just not from me. She wound up with like 3 Elmos that all said different things, but never liked them. Luckily my ds liked them when he came along 2 years later. We were always watching "Melmo" on TV and had tons of videos. We'll have to wait and see if this boy likes him as well.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:11 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen
I say don't fall for the hype! Who needs an Elmo doll that costs over $200?! It's a TOY for crying out loud!
Best bargain advice ever! I wish I had taken it when my kids were little.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Big Buddy

emtluvs2cook is on a distinguished road

I remember when I was a kid, and it was the Cabbage Patch doll. They were soooo expensive and people were fighting over them like mad. I never did get one, but really didn't care for them anyway. I wouldn't have wanted my mom to spend like that for a doll.

glow Good friends make you smile...even when you don't feel like smiling glow
Old 10-09-2006, 05:46 PM

I won a Cabbage Patch doll at a Walgreen's drawing for my daughter.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

I've never bought a "MUST HAVE" item...whether a toy or anything
else. What ever happened to coloring books, crayons, story books,
handmade items....That's what I got as a kid because my parents
couldn't afford much else. One year the money was so tight that
Mom put pictures of what we would eventually get in boxes wrapped
with tissue paper and string.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:01 AM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer

Well I was always spoiled and I imagine my kids will be as well. It's not like I spend an extravagant amount of money. I pride myself on bargain shopping so that I'm able to get more items and very rarely buy anything at full price. When I was a non-working single mom it was very hard and they didn't get much. Now that I'm working and remarried, it feels good being able to splurge a little for special occasions. At least the older they get, the more clothes and books they get from family. We definitely don't need more toys than what Santa brings them!