Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Big Buddy

nipper357 is a jewel in the rough
Default Looking for book to surprise my Son-HELP

My son just went to college which I thought I'd never see. I'm so proud of him. In order for him to get graded properly for 1/3 of the class he needs a book that if he buys it new costs from $100 to $120. He can't afford to buy that new and neither can I, any suggestions fellow Buddies? I guess you can tell I know little about books and you are absolutely right.. I barely passed through school, but enough to graduate. But anyway this is for my son who finally believes in himself and went back to school on his own, despite his past obstacles, which is why I'm sooooooooo proud. So I'd appreciate any help. The book is: "Audio in Media" by Stanley Alten.

Bonnie
Old 11-19-2006, 08:41 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

If you have the ISBN #and/ or title and/or author there are quite a few sites that will search for the best price for you.

www.bestbookbuys.com is a fav of mine or www.ecampus.com
or www.half.com. Good luck!

amazon has it starting at 6¢ BUT it is a 1990 editon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...221373-1640900

Last edited by Modemouth : 11-19-2006 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Big Buddy

VERA is a wonderful contributerVERA is a wonderful contributerVERA is a wonderful contributerVERA is a wonderful contributerVERA is a wonderful contributerVERA is a wonderful contributerVERA is a wonderful contributerVERA is a wonderful contributer
Default School Book

Okay, here is what I would do...Contact the school and see if the book is available in used condition. Students can buy used books. Second, see if the teacher knows of a source to get it cheaper. Third, place a note on a school memo board for someone who has one to sell. Fourth, go to the library and copy the chapters needed on a copy machine as the library will have the copy of the book.

Hope these tips help.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Try this site

http://mybargainbuddy.com/store/textbookx?afsrc=1
Old 11-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Big Buddy

-googles- is a jewel in the rough

If you can't find it anywhere else they sell it at Walmart too. It looks like it will be a while before you can order it.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5387665
Old 11-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

http://mybargainbuddy.com/store/alibris?afsrc=1 (search Audio in Media: The Recording Studio)

check this site out.......I have bought a lot of old books on this site with no problem.

An added bonus is that Karen even has coupon codes

Rare and hard to find books, first editions, etc.
Free shipping on orders over $50.
$4 off $40 or more code: GOBBLE4 exp. 11/30
$10 off $100 or more code: GOBBLE10 exp. 11/30
$25 off $200 or more code: GOBBLE25 exp. 11/30

good luck and congrats to your son