Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 02:59 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP
Default For those of you boycotting Wal-Mart/Sam's. . .

American Family Association yesterday issued the following statement:

"Wal-Mart Says It Will Not Make Corporate Contributions To Support Or Oppose Controversial Issues

Wal-Mart has announced they "will no longer make corporate contributions to support or oppose controversial issues unless they directly relate to their ability to serve their customers."

Wal-Mart made the announcement Tuesday afternoon.

In response to Wal-Mart's statement, AFA has decided to cancel its efforts of encouraging people to not shop at Wal-Mart or Sam's Club this Friday and Saturday. . ."

I would have posted Wal-Mart's statement for you, but don't have the time to hunt it down this morning.

Soooo. . .in the spirit of the season, y'all shop on.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:54 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP
Thumbs up

yyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is a God!!!!!

I guess the petition worked.................yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 05:57 AM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

I'm so glad to hear this also.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:04 AM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member
ShoppingSmiley

Thanks for the update!

Lori Ann
Old 11-22-2006, 06:05 AM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

Old 11-22-2006, 06:23 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

I posted this last night in another thread, I was so happy to see the email I got from the AFA stating they decided NOT to donate. YAY!!!!!

http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/sho...012#post148012
They also had an announcement from Walmart but I couldn't pull it up. That is ok, so long as they AREN'T doing it! I seriously have NOT shopped at Walmart since I heard that. I do need to get some bulk things at Sams today and will feel better doing it now. God works!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmuffs

yyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is a God!!!!!

I guess the petition worked.................yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
I don't think she's referring to the Layaway. Was there another petition?
Old 11-22-2006, 11:58 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manda40475
I don't think she's referring to the Layaway. Was there another petition?
i know it wasnt the layaway. it was a petition that was going around and they finally got so many signed names on that petition that they decided not go follow through!
walmart was donating 5% of online sales friday and saturday to a gay and lesbian group in washington.
walmart decided to remain neutral due to all the people that signed the petition!!!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

Yea Wal-mart donated $25,000 this summer to become a member of the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce and donated $60,000 to Out and Equal, which promotes gay-rights advances in the work place. The American Family Association got offended about that, but Wal-mart's response was that they do not have a position on same-sex marriages and they have a strong commitment to diversity and are against discrimination everywhere.

Last edited by Missy : 11-22-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Big Buddy

sonja is a jewel in the rough

hmm.... funny i didn't see a petition about this:

http://www.wakeupwalmart.com/facts/

sorry, but i'm a human rights activist, and i just can't bring myself to give Wal Mart any more of my money....

(it's kind of lenghty, i know, but it's worth reading)
Closed Thread