Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer

Okay, didn't know there was another petition. I'm not going to give my opinion on this subject because I'm in the minority.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:30 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

dont get me wrong, i am NOT saying that i dont like someone that is gay or a lesbian, i just dont like what they do. i'm sure most of them are great people.
so please dont get me wrong.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:33 AM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

I never saw the petition, I just heard about it on the news and in the paper. I don't have a view either way. I love everyone equally .
Old 11-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Big Buddy

sonja is a jewel in the rough

i just read my post from earlier, and i think it may have come out wrong:

just briefly, here's my opinion (just to clarify):

i am strongly against wal-mart for the unethical treatment of their workers both overseas and in the US. also, i don't agree with their business practices and personally know people who work at wal mart:

one lady that i got to know well while waitressing (i call it the dark days : ) ) worked for wal-mart for 6 years (mostly because she couldn't drive and wal mart was the only place that would hire her).

after 6 years with the company, she was still part time and made $5.50!!

about 80% of wal-mart's non-management employees are on some kind of public assistance programs, and you can bet that a huge chunk of your paycheck goes to support these people and their families.

having said that....

the reason that i wrote the first comment is because i find it so hard to believe that soooo many people threatened to boycott wal-mart for supporting a group that promotes equal rights in the workplace for gays (not same sex marriages), but no one cares that hundreds of thousands of workers are being verbally, physically, and especially economically abused.

i sincerely don't mean to offend anyone, but i honestly don't think that many people are aware of wal-mart's horrendous practices, and i hope that if they did, they would be as outraged as i am.

sorry this is so long, but i just had to voice my opinion

Old 11-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonja
i just read my post from earlier, and i think it may have come out wrong:

just briefly, here's my opinion (just to clarify):

i am strongly against wal-mart for the unethical treatment of their workers both overseas and in the US. also, i don't agree with their business practices and personally know people who work at wal mart:

one lady that i got to know well while waitressing (i call it the dark days : ) ) worked for wal-mart for 6 years (mostly because she couldn't drive and wal mart was the only place that would hire her).

after 6 years with the company, she was still part time and made $5.50!!

about 80% of wal-mart's non-management employees are on some kind of public assistance programs, and you can bet that a huge chunk of your paycheck goes to support these people and their families.

having said that....

the reason that i wrote the first comment is because i find it so hard to believe that soooo many people threatened to boycott wal-mart for supporting a group that promotes equal rights in the workplace for gays (not same sex marriages), but no one cares that hundreds of thousands of workers are being verbally, physically, and especially economically abused.

i sincerely don't mean to offend anyone, but i honestly don't think that many people are aware of wal-mart's horrendous practices, and i hope that if they did, they would be as outraged as i am.

sorry this is so long, but i just had to voice my opinion

I agree, I just wrote word for word what i just read in todays paper.I even got it back out the trash to copy it. I have several friends who work at wal-mart in Texas and some still make minimum wage but a few were offered more if they continue their education and wal-mart would pay for it. And I know that working as a office manager in a dental office that the ones who worked for wal-mart in Augusta had better medical and dental than we do in the military. So I guess the wal-marts are different.
That is sad how your friend was treated, I wish she would have worked at the one in my home town.

My first cousin doesn't have a high school diploms and he is the manager at a wal-mart and his brother received a biology degree and dropped out of medical school to become a manager as well, cause it paid better.

As you said I Wished they could pass on some of that money to the non-manager employees.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Big Buddy

sonja is a jewel in the rough

yea, wouldn't it be nice if the CEO or the Waldons took a pay cut? is it really possible to spend as much money as they have? hehe, i'm sure they're trying though...
Old 11-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Mentor

Yes, my cousin with out the high school diploma makes a 6 figure salary and more than his brother with the degree cause he's been there longer. When they were managers over the food section or housewares they were making like $50,000 and they have their own stores its a huge amount. I know that they get bonuses but also I know that they are responsible for loss & prevention. At the end of the fiscal year when the inventory is done they have a portion to pay back if so much is missing.

Back in 2000, my cousin would give kids $5 to go in and carry a tv out to see if they were stopped on the way out. Most of the time they were not and let him know who was lacking on their job....lol
Old 11-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

This is the first time I've heard of this........thanks for the update
Old 11-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmuffs
dont get me wrong, i am NOT saying that i dont like someone that is gay or a lesbian, i just dont like what they do. i'm sure most of them are great people.
so please dont get me wrong.

you have a right to your opinion sweetie........I have to remain neutral due to the nature of my job.

after looking at what a manager at WalMart makes I think I'm going to quit my profession and go to work there. I already have managerial skills and I'm a people person........my gosh 6 figure salary???????????????
Old 11-23-2006, 05:28 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by critbunny
you have a right to your opinion sweetie........I have to remain neutral due to the nature of my job.

after looking at what a manager at WalMart makes I think I'm going to quit my profession and go to work there. I already have managerial skills and I'm a people person........my gosh 6 figure salary???????????????
thanks christine, i felt kinda bad because of manda's comment. but i didnt mean it in a harsh way.
also, i didnt know about all this other stuff at walmart either. kinda makes me never want to shop there again!!!
Closed Thread