Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sher0709
my mother had a pot belly pig for a pet a while ago...she was sooo cute! and she had her 1 ear pierced too..sounds wierd, but the vet did it. she had a bow for every season for her too....if i can find a picture i will upload it.
i used to take it for walks on a leash...people would take a second look back and say "what is that???"
she ended up getting to clingy to my parents and didn't want anyone else around or he would chase them!
they ended up bringing her to a farm not too far away where they had alot of these kinds of pigs! i wonder how big he is now???
My step-dad has a pot-bellied pig named "Kevin Bacon." He's just like a dog...even grunts instead of barks when someone is at the front gate.

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 02-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Little Buddy

Vanessa is a jewel in the rough

Critbunny,
I know exactly what you mean. We have so many Hawks around here and with those little 2 lbs puppies I'm so paranoid about them swooping down. I don't let them outside unless I'm with them.

5wks (55.jpg

Last edited by Vanessa : 02-17-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by critbunny
Lindsey-Star I never knew birds could be destructive.
I was outside with my dog today and this huge hawk swooped out of the sky and went after my neighbors miniature Great Dane. How scary. I managed to scare it off. I don't understand why people let their animals wander. If I hadn't been outside ..........
Not all birds are, just ones with bad habits. Any toy with a bell on it, gets the bell removed and thrown in the bathtub of water, all ladders get disconnected, all newspaper gets shredded, all strings get cut, all courtesy of Lina the Cockatiel.

Maybe the hawk though the dane was dinner. Did he resembele Angelina Ballerina?

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 02-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Big Buddy

mom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributer

Love the pet pics, all beatiful!
(((Charlotte))) so sorry to hear about the loss of your furbaby.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Love the pics of the pets! Here's my 90 lb lap dog.

sadie.jpg
Old 02-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Big Buddy

charlottesue is a jewel in the rough
Default thank you so much...........

that was very thoughtful mom2acat and jeffgordonsno1fan........I really appreciate the thoughts.....it's nice to have someone that understands the love and loss of a pet..........
Old 02-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottesue
that was very thoughtful mom2acat and jeffgordonsno1fan........I really appreciate the thoughts.....it's nice to have someone that understands the love and loss of a pet..........
Yeah, losing a pet is tough. Especially when they are more like a member of the family than a pet. Our dog will be 7 this year. It will be so hard on us when she's gone.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Big Buddy

charlottesue is a jewel in the rough
Default thanks karen....

yes we have three other cats.....they are 13,9 and 7........and since we lost Nikki last week we have talked about how hard it will be to lose any more of them but we know the time will come.......they are like our children.....
Old 02-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Little Buddy

12win is a jewel in the rough

One more bird post and I will try to hush . . Handfed birds are usually the most even-tempered birds and they relate to people better because they have grown up with them. Bird that are raised by their parents and with other birds tend to remain afraid of humans. Knowing a bird's history can be really important to your experience.

I'm not sure what age of person the pet will be for but birds can bite (Damage varies by intent, bill type, and bird size). My tiel was a handfed chick and she loves people. She can't really bite but she can get really loud. The keets were raised by their parents so they do not interact with humans at all. They sing, play, and keep each other company. The parrot is bonded to me only and has a mean streak. He can bite and do damage to humans, rugs, wood baseboards, etc. (I bought him as a third owner so I'm not sure that his early life history is very good. He needed disipline somewhere down the line that he did not get and training too. We tend to go a few rounds every now and then until he decides to listen to Mama.)
Old 02-18-2006, 03:08 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

Does anyone remember the world's ugliest dog? He died recently.
http://samugliestdog.com/