Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

My kids love Maggie! Also the Backyardigans, because one of them has a tuba. lol My friend plays the tuba so they think it's really cool there's one on the show. My kids also watch PBS Sprout before bed almost every night. They especially like Angelina Ballerina (WAY cool) and The Bernstein Bears during that. Bernstein Bears are a little weird...they look a little deformed and they make adult comments sometimes, but not as much.

Ever pay attention to what Marty the Zebra says when he's running along the beach in Madagascar? Hopefully the kids who are watching that can't spell.

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 02-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Big Buddy

JeffGordonsNo1Fan is a jewel in the rough

We do not get PBS Sprout! But it sounds like we need it! We are in the central time zone, and so our PBS and NOggin take a nose dive at 5pm. There are like NO cartoons on at all hardly after that, well none that I would let her watch. (again the anime crap) - and we have not seen Angelina...although I have seen her at Toys' R Us, she is a mouse right?

My daughters favorite toy right now is that Bella Ballerina...can you believe that? I PAY each month for a dance class that she plays, talks and pays little attention in every week...just to come home and put in a DVD and be all over it.

So, I have learrned to tape a couple of her 'favorites' each day on the DVR so that there is always a few on there if she wants to watch them.

She also like Miffy, although the voice on Miffy puts me to sleep...

What does the zebra say? I haven't watched it since.....um probably the movie theater.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer

My kids like stuff like Spongebob Squarepants, Fairly Oddparents, Teen Titans, and then some other non-animated shows on Disney and Nickelodeon.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Big Buddy

Manda,
How old are your kids?
Mine is going to be 6 in April...kind of too big for baby stuff, too little for the bigger stuff.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer

Daughter is 9 and son is 7. They are already hitting the preteen stuff (including the mood swings). LOL Oh well...in 7 months we'll have a baby in the house, so guess we'll get back to watching the younger shows eventually.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Big Buddy

Default Wow!~

And you prob JUST got rid of the last bunch of baby stuff huh? Are the older kids excited?

Congrats!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGordonsNo1Fan
We do not get PBS Sprout! But it sounds like we need it! We are in the central time zone, and so our PBS and NOggin take a nose dive at 5pm. There are like NO cartoons on at all hardly after that, well none that I would let her watch. (again the anime crap) - and we have not seen Angelina...although I have seen her at Toys' R Us, she is a mouse right?

My daughters favorite toy right now is that Bella Ballerina...can you believe that? I PAY each month for a dance class that she plays, talks and pays little attention in every week...just to come home and put in a DVD and be all over it.

So, I have learrned to tape a couple of her 'favorites' each day on the DVR so that there is always a few on there if she wants to watch them.

She also like Miffy, although the voice on Miffy puts me to sleep...

What does the zebra say? I haven't watched it since.....um probably the movie theater.
Yeah, Angelina is a mouse.
My oldest daughter has the body for it, but not the interest...she is more hyper and upbeat than ballet will allow. She used to be in Hip Hop classes though. She has been wanting to go back to both Ballet and Hip Hop, I just haven't gotten around to that. My other daughter is interested but doesn't have the coordination or balance.

The zebra says, "Oh Sh*t!" When him and Alex are running to each other on the beach in slow motion. Only, he says it Oh-Sh-eye-tee. Which is why I made the comment about knowing how to spell.

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 02-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Little Buddy

Campgirl is a jewel in the rough
Smile

We got rid of satelite TV and our kids stopped demanding every single toy from every single commercial that popped up between their cartoons. Instead we have an extensive collection of stuff they can choose from. I tracked down the old 1970s pippi videos and my daughter (5 1/2 yo) loves them- infact she was pippi for halloween! I also bought videos like The Red Balloon. Remember that one? We also have a lot of the scholastic books on DVD that they love! A great alternative to some of the pre-teen cartoons running on TV .
-I'm just crewman #6
Old 02-18-2006, 07:31 AM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGordonsNo1Fan
And you prob JUST got rid of the last bunch of baby stuff huh? Are the older kids excited?

Congrats!
Nah, I got rid of everything a long time ago. LOL In fact the only thing I still have is a bassinet and that's because it was at my mom's house, so I'm starting over. Yes the kids are very excited. My dd wants a girl and ds wants a boy of course. LOL Dh and I have no preferences as long as it's healthy. I can't wait to find out what it is though! Getting tired of buying the gender neutral clothes.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:43 AM
Big Buddy

Stubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud of

My youngest daughter now 32 has all the Holly Hobbie, Strawberry Shortcake,smurf and Cabbage Patch that she got as a child and her 5 year old daughter is in 7th heaven playing with them. When she insisted on saving them all I never thought they would have such a comeback.