Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Big Buddy

Mingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shaker
Wowmarker The Bestest Sweet Potato Casserole Ever

I always seem to be the one that takes Sweet Potatoes to Thanksgiving DInner, even tho I don't eat them. Well I suprised myself this year. I actually ate these. They were a big success at dinner. Everyone raved over the topping. Yum.

The Bestest Sweet Potato Casserole Ever

3 cups mashed, cooked sweet potatoes (if you're like me and don't want to boil fresh, get one large can..the big one and one normal sized can and that will equal approximately three cups mashed)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs, well beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1/4 tsp nutmet
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Combine all ingredients and spoon into casserole. Cover with topping:

Topping:
2 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter, melted

Mix all ingredients and spoon over casserole.

Bake casserole 30 min at 400 degrees. Topping will be browned.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:43 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

this sounds really delicious. i am the same way at thanksgiving. i make the sweet potato. it is my favorite
Old 12-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

I'm not a big sweet potato casserole fan, although I will take a bite or two. I prefer my sweet potatos baked with butter. I do, however, feel compelled to make a sweet potato casserole at Thanksgiving. This year, I noticed for the first time a boxed sweet potato casserole which I purchased and made. It was edible, not too bad actually. I like the idea of the rice crispies in your recipe. . .it would add an addtional "crunch." May try this one next year. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:38 AM
Big Buddy

barbnolastname is on a distinguished road

my sister is making the sweet potatoes this year. I sent her this recipe, I cant wait to try it, it sounds so good. She has to have marshmallows on top so I told her to just add them the last few minutes, I'm sure that would work lol
Old 12-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Big Buddy

Mingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shaker

Actually the topping is awesome. It tastes like pralines. I used walnuts as they are what I had at the house. I could have just sat there and ate the topping. I found this recipe online at http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboa...um=2&catnum=89
hopefully this link will work. It is the company that does Taste of Home and all the other magazines. I have never had a bad recipe from them.

Enjoy,
Cindy
Old 03-12-2008, 02:46 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

One of my friends makes this. If she doesn't have Rice Krispies
on hand, she substitutes Cheerios.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:44 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP